If you were a catfish what things would you want in a tank

A members area where you can introduce yourself, discuss anything outwith catfish and generally get to know each other.
pleco_pirate
Location 1: upstate ny
Interests: hiking, camping, video games, guns, i am new but loving aquarium keeping

If you were a catfish what things would you want in a tank

Post by pleco_pirate »

Here is a thinker. If you personally were a cat fish what would you like to spend your days swiming in or stuck to? Personally id like some classical ruins. A greek temple maybe to be stuck to all day.
Owch
My cats species list: 3 (i:0, k:0)
Location 1: Leigh, Lancashire, UK
Interests: Tropical freshwater - Plecs, Corys and Discus

Post by Owch »

A female catfish :shock: :D
Be thankful for wooden floors!
Kana3
Location 1: Melbourne, Australia
Interests: Almost anything within my field of vision.

Post by Kana3 »

Well, if I was a Bristlenose, it'd have to be a Ginger-Bread House. I figure that equate's to a nice lump of wood, where-as you have a roof over your head, but something to snack on, at the same time!

And it keep's with the 'fantasy' theme...
mells
Location 1: Middlesbrough
Interests: Fish!

Re: If you were a catfish what things would you want in a ta

Post by mells »

pleco_pirate wrote:Here is a thinker. If you personally were a cat fish what would you like to spend your days swiming in or stuck to? Personally id like some classical ruins. A greek temple maybe to be stuck to all day.
How about Pyramids & Spynx's??

Mine already have the luxury of that :D

& to top it off, I have a bear living in my tank :shock:

Mells
CEfire
Location 1: Illinois
Interests: Synodontis, Disc golf, Fishing

Post by CEfire »

This seems to be more what we want rather than what the fish would want as I am pretty sure they have no idea what the Sphinx is...
A piece of wood or rockwork might look a bit more like home.

Imagine a fish creating a home for us and putting us in a tank with rocks or wood and thinking it was what we would want :shock:
CEfire
Location 1: Illinois
Interests: Synodontis, Disc golf, Fishing

Post by CEfire »

I should say that those pyramids look somewhat more comfortable than many that are sold in stores.
sharky
Location 1: Manchester, UK
Interests: Football, Cricket, boxing, and fish keeping

Post by sharky »

something over my head for comfort like a cave or wood, and lots of space so i could swim as fast as i want! :D
sidguppy
My articles: 1
My images: 28
My aquaria list: 5 (i:0)
Spotted: 9
Location 1: Southern Netherlands near Belgium
Location 2: Noord Brabant, Netherlands
Interests: African catfishes and oddballs, Madagascar cichlids; stoner doom and heavy rock; old school choppers and riding them, fantasy novels, travelling and diving in the tropics and all things nature.

Post by sidguppy »

I would settle for a one-way ticket to wherever it was they caught me, but YMMV :roll: :wink:
Valar Morghulis
mitch
Location 1: London/Kent, England

Post by mitch »

Background Photo's of page 3 girls!!! :D
mahdira
Location 1: Orlando, Florida

Post by mahdira »

I think I'd want some plants that are similar to the one in my native area, and I'd want some rocks or driftwood to hide under...But I'd think that pyramids would be cool, too! :D
fishypaw
Location 1: Scotland

Post by fishypaw »

mahdira wrote:I think I'd want some plants that are similar to the one in my native area, and I'd want some rocks or driftwood to hide under
i agree with the above. the more natural the better. below is a pic of a new-ish tank setup that houses my 2 BN's. it has more plants and a couple of rocks in it now. the mopani wood on the right has a hollow centre which the BN's often hide in. the mopani wood on the left is actualy my biggest
BN's fav hangout. if u look closely u can just see his tail sticking out from the bottom :)

Nick

40g - 10 black neons, 5 harlequins, 5 khuli loaches, 4 ottos, 1 male beta, shrimps, corys - 4 albino, 3 pepper, 2 leucomelas, 2 sterbai, 2 julli, 1 similis, 1 sodalis
40g - 30 blue neons, 5 blue rams, 2 angels, 2 bristlenose plecs, 1 female beta, 1 tiger loach, shrimps
10g - lots of baby java ferns
5g - giant java fern about to be sold

Return to “Speak Easy”