Blue Panaque

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
CRFish
Location 1: Westwego, LA

Blue Panaque

Post by CRFish »

Does anyone out there know anything about the pleco commonly know as a Blue Panaque? What they eat, what type of water they come or where they come from? If so please let me know. Thanks Curtis
Dave Rinaldo
I've donated: $601.00!
My images: 238
My cats species list: 64 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 97
Location 2: Austin, Texas

Post by Dave Rinaldo »

You could also do a Forum Search for Ancistrini sp(L239).
Last edited by Dave Rinaldo on 09 Feb 2006, 20:28, edited 1 time in total.
StiffMeister
Location 1: North of the Netherlands
Interests: duh....

Post by StiffMeister »

its a nice plec, the blue panaque. I have one too. he is beautiful, but pretty shy. He doesnt come out of his nice cave too often, which seems to be normal behaviour for this type of plec. You can feed him with all the normal pleco food like algue wafers and other bottom tablets. I must say that i never see my blue panaque eat cucumber or something, but that may be so cuz of the other bigger plecs who are at the food...
O_o
Location 1: So.Cal
Interests: Tropheus and rare stuff

Post by O_o »

If you just got him, you need to try feeding him blood worms or algea waffers at night and try keeping your tank covered. This plecs are pretty hard to acclimate to new tanks. Lucky someone gave me this advice and it worked for me. As far as water, just keep it at whatever ph the water it came with was, and the temp of 80f. Good luck, its an awesome pleco.
WazZAp!
CRFish
Location 1: Westwego, LA

Blue Panaque

Post by CRFish »

Thanks for the help.

Return to “South American Catfishes (Loricariidae - Plecos et al)”