which corys to get?

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
bigstinka
Location 1: gloucs

which corys to get?

Post by bigstinka »

my local fish center has julii and metae corys for sale. i have a dedicated cory tank running ro water. which will be easiest to breed ? this is my first attempt. also any info on breeding these please! thank alot!
Coryologist
I've donated: $200.00!
My images: 11
My cats species list: 70 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 5
Location 1: Laurel Lake, NJ
Location 2: Laurel Lake, NJ
Interests: Fancy Guppies, Cory Cats, Digital Photography, DV, Triumph Motorcycles

Re: which corys to get?

Post by Coryologist »

bigstinka wrote:my local fish center has julii and metae corys for sale. i have a dedicated cory tank running ro water. which will be easiest to breed ? this is my first attempt. also any info on breeding these please! thank alot!
Hi. C. julii are probably the single most misidentified Cory on the planet. If they are truly C. julii (yes, your lfs WILL swear they are), I'd get them in a flash

As far as C. metae, I was speaking with Ian Fuller, yesterday and he described their breedability to me as, "easy-peasy." :-) I have 5 adults that have spawned on ocassion, but not sucessfully. Also, be aware that C. matae and C. davidsandsi are often confused. The D = medium snout and the M = short snout. Hope this helps. - Frank

Return to “South American Catfishes (Callichthyidae - Corys et al)”