Syn Petricola?

All posts regarding the care and breeding of catfishes from Africa.
O_o
Location 1: So.Cal
Interests: Tropheus and rare stuff

Syn Petricola?

Post by O_o »

I got this guy 2 days ago from a lfs. It looks like a petricola, but as you can see it doesn't have alot of dots. Its a little bigger then 3 1/2 inches and its face is a little off. I'm not sure if its a giant sp, or the blunt face varient can anyone help?
btw just to check.. it looks like a male to me. am i right?
WazZAp!
Marc van Arc
Expert
My articles: 20
My images: 61
My catfish: 9
Spotted: 35
Location 2: Eindhoven, The Netherlands

Post by Marc van Arc »

It looks like a Synodontis petricola, although I can't be more specific, but I do know that it is a male. Nice specimen.
O_o

Post by O_o »

Thank Marc, i guess it really doesnt matter which varient it is as long as hes getting along well with my other petricola's. Now that he is fatting up his head is looking more typical of regular petricolas. btw these are awesome little cats, very attive, look great, and eat all the left overs. I'd recommend them to anyone with a little extra tank space.
WazZAp!
Marc van Arc
Expert
My articles: 20
My images: 61
My catfish: 9
Spotted: 35
Location 2: Eindhoven, The Netherlands

Post by Marc van Arc »

O_o wrote:and eat all the left overs.
Beware that you feed them properly. I don't think left-overs will be sufficient.
And yes, these are very nice fish. I didn't have these very long, but I had quite a bunch of S. multipunctatus for several years. A magnificent sight seeing these cruise the tank.
O_o

Post by O_o »

LoL, not my left overs, i feed NLS pellets, algea waffers, spirnalina flakes, and occasinally live stuff like black worms and brine shirmp. :) but i do wonder if the'll like some left over pizza, j/k. Btw lucky you multies are the best, too bad they are overpriced around here.
WazZAp!

Return to “African Catfishes”