L-239 Blue Panaque

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
starrfish71
Location 1: Florida
Interests: all animals

L-239 Blue Panaque

Post by starrfish71 »

Hi all- I have ordered a pair of these L-239- I'm getting two at any rate- but the L listing doesn't have food/care/sexing parameters-

does any one have these that can tell me what to expect? Or is there an L-species listed that is similar enough I could use it's parameters?

thanx,
starrfish71
Silurus
I've donated: $12.00!
My articles: 55
My images: 890
My catfish: 1
My cats species list: 90 (i:1, k:0)
Spotted: 423
Location 1: Singapore
Location 2: Moderator Emeritus

Post by Silurus »

starrfish71

Post by starrfish71 »

Thanks- the first link was helpful.
starrfish71

Post by starrfish71 »

Okay, I just did a search of the site, and nothing new showed up. Does anyone know how big these guys are full grown? And do you think they would be comfortable living in a tank with a mango pleco?

From the links above, I gathered they(L-239) are a black water/ med-low pH, omnivorous, non-terretorial type of pleco.
Shane
Expert
My articles: 69
My images: 161
My catfish: 75
My cats species list: 4 (i:75, k:0)
My aquaria list: 4 (i:4)
Spotted: 99
Location 1: Tysons
Location 2: Virginia

Post by Shane »

"My journey is at an end and the tale is told. The reader who has followed so faithfully and so far, they have the right to ask, what do I bring back? It can be summed up in three words. Concentrate upon Uganda."
Winston Churchill, My African Journey
starrfish71

Post by starrfish71 »

Thankyou, Shane. I did a search and that did not come thru for me ;)

I guess when I get them I'll add to the general info!

It sounds like they'll be fine in the tank I have in mind- it's a 32gal cube, filtered by a 304 Fluval, with driftwood, flourite substrate, a few hardy plants, strong air curtain,temp 80*F, pH 7.0; tank mates are a 2inch mango pleco, a black ghost, a tire track eel, and there will be Geo. balzani coming on the same order as the plecos. I have currently a small coconut cave but I can add some other options for them to inhabit. My supplier said only two came in, so I'm really hoping they actually end up being a pair.

Return to “South American Catfishes (Loricariidae - Plecos et al)”