Sold as Peckoltia braueri

Did you know fantastic help is an anagram of Planet Catfish? This forum is for those of you with pictures of your catfish who are looking for help identifying them. There are many here to help and a firm ID is the first step towards keeping your catfish in the best conditions.
Melaine
Location 1: Edinburgh

Sold as Peckoltia braueri

Post by Melaine »

Bought this little guy about 5 or so months ago and it was labeled Peckoltia braueri which i could see instantly it wasn't but having looked around the peckoltia pictures i'm just not quite sure which one it is.Thanks for any pointers in the right direction.

http://www.planetcatfish.com/forum/albu ... er_id=2704
MatsP
My articles: 4
My images: 28
My cats species list: 117 (i:33, k:0)
My aquaria list: 10 (i:8)
My BLogs: 4 (i:0, p:97)
Spotted: 187
Location 1: North of Cambridge
Location 2: England.

Post by MatsP »

I would have said . has finer lines in the face, which your fish don't seem to have.

Not a great shot, but here's my two P. vittata:

--
Mats
Yann
I've donated: $20.00!
My articles: 8
My images: 275
My cats species list: 81 (i:0, k:0)
My BLogs: 2 (i:3, p:90)
Spotted: 108
Location 1: Switzerland
Location 2: Switzerland
Interests: Catfish mainly form South America, Cichlids, Geckos, Horses WWII airplanes, Orchids

Post by Yann »

Hi!

One of thoses so called Peckoltia vittata

Any idea of the origin of the import? Peru, Colombia, Venezuela, Brasil?? it would narrow the possibilities!!

What is it size?

Either L15/72/80/211/243
Cheers
Yann
Don't Give Up, Don't Ever Give Up!
Melaine
Location 1: Edinburgh

Post by Melaine »

Sorry no idea where it was picked up from originally, just a chance pickup for me from the lfs.I don't think its vittata either and for the past while i've leaned more to the L211.Its about 4in just now and the colours don't get any darker and it stays very light all the time, if stressed it goes even lighter not darker. Seems to eat most things from catfish wafers and pellets to prawn or shrimp etc etc.Not that shy a fish and you can see it around the tank somewhere during the day, it shares a 20gallon planted tank with a 4in channa sp "assam".They make great tankmates and can even be found sharing the same cave now and again :lol:

Return to “What is my catfish?”