corydoras hasbrosus & cherry shrimp

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
Kimrin
Location 1: Minnesota, USA

corydoras hasbrosus & cherry shrimp

Post by Kimrin »

I picked up two corydoras hasbrosus from an auction table recently and just put them into the most appropriate tank I had. It's a planted 10g with a fairly large breeding colony of cherry shrimp as well as a couple of small (temporary )upper dwelling fish.
They're really cute and I would like to get some more to go with them but wanted to check your opinions on the shrimp. I know they can't harm the cories but I just wonder if there are any other factors involved that might make them poor tankmates long term.
Pidge
Location 1: Reading, UK
Interests: Fish, football,

Post by Pidge »

I tried keeping amano shrimp with corydoras pygmaeus once but found that the shrimp took all of the food (pellet, bloodworm, brineshrimp etc), aggressively at times. This was in a well planted tank and I had been target feeding the shrimp with courgette, algae wafers as well as all the algae they were eating.
WhitePine
I've donated: $51.00!
Location 1: Washington State

Post by WhitePine »

I have kept both hasbrosus and pygmaeus with cherry shimp. No problems... but I did notice that the shrimp where not breeding as quickly with out the cory's in there. The cory's may eat some of the really small cherries.

Cheers, Whitepine
Cheers, Whitepine

River Tank with Rio HF 20 (1290 gph), Eheim 2236.
- Apon boivinianus, Bolbitis, Crypt balansae, Microsorum Windelov, Vallisneria americana, Crinum calamistratum, Nymphaea zenkerii, Anubias barterii.
Kimrin
Location 1: Minnesota, USA

Post by Kimrin »

thank you both :)
I can deal with the cories eating some shrimp fry.

Return to “South American Catfishes (Callichthyidae - Corys et al)”