Exotic Finds Good or Bad

A members area where you can introduce yourself, discuss anything outwith catfish and generally get to know each other.
Jim Richardson
Location 1: Central VA

Exotic Finds Good or Bad

Post by Jim Richardson »

Hi All,

Has anyone ordered fish from Exotic Finds before? I am thinking of making a purchase and would like to hear of ones experience with this company.

http://www.exoticfinds.net

Thanks...
Jim Richardson
characinkid
I've donated: $29.00!
My cats species list: 10 (i:3, k:4)
My aquaria list: 2 (i:0)
My BLogs: 4 (i:3, p:202)
My Wishlist: 5
Spotted: 10
Location 1: New England USA
Location 2: NH USA

Post by characinkid »

Hi

I went and picked up some Planiloricaria from them a couple of years ago and they were great. Blue is a really nice guy and had some great fish.
This was just my personal experience....
Too Many Tanks... Too Many fish... not enough time!!!
Sescil
Location 1: NYC

Post by Sescil »

Blue is an A+ guy with A+ fish. I'm actually headed over to his place on Sunday to purchase a few things.
jerms5
Location 1: LOS ANGELES

Post by jerms5 »

Cool guy!! I ordered 3 L287 from him. Shipping was great!
laurab5
Location 1: kANSAS

Post by laurab5 »

I have never ordered. But his list is awesome, and am considering getting some rare hypancistrus from him in the future. And prices are good for wild caught fish
Jim Richardson

Post by Jim Richardson »

Thanks for everyoneâ??s feedbackâ?¦
Jim Richardson
FLAPPERHAPPY
Location 1: NEW JERSEY

Post by FLAPPERHAPPY »

Blue is one of the best places to buy plecos. I have been to his place numerous times and his fish are top notch. I buy all my plecos from him and never had any problems with them.
sidguppy
My articles: 1
My images: 28
My aquaria list: 5 (i:0)
Spotted: 9
Location 1: Southern Netherlands near Belgium
Location 2: Noord Brabant, Netherlands
Interests: African catfishes and oddballs, Madagascar cichlids; stoner doom and heavy rock; old school choppers and riding them, fantasy novels, travelling and diving in the tropics and all things nature.

Post by sidguppy »

They should set up shop in Europe :shock:

shipping fish is badly setup here, we could use a couple of Americans pulling it off the big way :wink:

I bet if they can get all those pleco's, getting non-pleco weirdo's from SA won't be too much of a challenge.

getting your fish delivered to you at home is almost nonexistent here (all those borders don't help one bit) and badly organized if I may say so.
the few shops that do, don't seem too interested in doing it good; preferring people to drop by and buy fish.

lazy bums :roll:
Valar Morghulis
Jim Richardson

Post by Jim Richardson »

Again, thanks for everyone's input. Just ordered a â??Blue Panaqueâ?
Jim Richardson
Jim Richardson

Update

Post by Jim Richardson »

Received fish and they were in great condition and are happily swimming around in the isolation tank. Thought I might have to bring in professional help to undo the packaging. Styrofoam box inside a shipping box, double and triple bagged (really thick bags) with a good amount of water, heat packs, and peanuts to fill in the extra space. A great experience and would highly recommend to others.
Jim Richardson

Return to “Speak Easy”