What Cory am I?

Did you know fantastic help is an anagram of Planet Catfish? This forum is for those of you with pictures of your catfish who are looking for help identifying them. There are many here to help and a firm ID is the first step towards keeping your catfish in the best conditions.
Judazzz
My images: 23
My cats species list: 2 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 18
Location 1: Groningen, The Netherlands
Interests: Loricarids/Piranha's, Photography, Webdesign, Travelling, Electric Guitar, Webdesign, Beer...

What Cory am I?

Post by Judazzz »

Well, here I am again, this time asking about the true identity of a tiny Cory cat I bought today, along with some C. pygmaeus. It too stood out from the rest (see my UI Oto topic), but it seems to behave the same way, and he is equally tiny as the Pygmy's (it's less than 1cm. in size).
So, what species is this little dude? Just an abnormally patterned C. pygmaeus, or a different species?

Again not the best of pictures, but like so many Cories do when just released in a new tank, together with his C. pygmaeus buddies he keeps zipping around like crazy, rarely staying at the same spot for more than a second.
If I manage to snap some clearer shots, I'll add them here...
Silurus
I've donated: $12.00!
My articles: 55
My images: 890
My catfish: 1
My cats species list: 90 (i:1, k:0)
Spotted: 423
Location 1: Singapore
Location 2: Moderator Emeritus

Post by Silurus »

Judazzz
Interests: Loricarids/Piranha's, Photography, Webdesign, Travelling, Electric Guitar, Webdesign, Beer...

Post by Judazzz »

Gotcha!
Thanks 8)
TheSydMonster
Location 1: Colorado, USA

Post by TheSydMonster »

Did you only get one of them? I bought my first c. habrosus by himself because he was the only one the store had... he used to swim frantically all the time. Now that I got him some friends, they school together and explore all over the tank. I would recommend getting him some friends, they are great little characters :)
Judazzz

Post by Judazzz »

TheSydMonster wrote:Did you only get one of them? I bought my first c. habrosus by himself because he was the only one the store had... he used to swim frantically all the time. Now that I got him some friends, they school together and explore all over the tank. I would recommend getting him some friends, they are great little characters :)
He was the only one in the tank as well, and I couldn't find any more in other tanks either. My plan was to get some Pygmy Cories for my 10g tank, but after seeing this fellow all alone I decided to get him as well.
So I only managed to get one of them, but I guess he's better off sharing a tank with some Pygmy buddies rather than spending his days in solitude in an LFS holding tank (he certainly seems to enjoy his new home and friends).
Hopefully I'll be able to find a few more...
TheSydMonster
Location 1: Colorado, USA

Post by TheSydMonster »

I am sure he is very glad you took him home to live with some pygmy friends! I have been unable to find any of the 3 dwarf species except the single guy I brought home anywhere in my area! I would love to get some of the different kinds :)

Return to “What is my catfish?”