Cordylancistrus-Pseudancistrus?

Did you know fantastic help is an anagram of Planet Catfish? This forum is for those of you with pictures of your catfish who are looking for help identifying them. There are many here to help and a firm ID is the first step towards keeping your catfish in the best conditions.
Oscar
Location 1: Madrid, Spain
Location 2: Madrid
Interests: catfish, photography

Cordylancistrus-Pseudancistrus?

Post by Oscar »

Hi,

With some Chaetostoma sp. L276 have arrived at LFS these fish, maybe two different sp. any idea?Cordylancistrus or Pseudancistrus?.

These pics are when just arrive at LFS, I´ll take more in some days, and probably shows other coloration.

Thanks in advance.

Regards.
Yann
I've donated: $20.00!
My articles: 8
My images: 275
My cats species list: 81 (i:0, k:0)
My BLogs: 2 (i:3, p:90)
Spotted: 108
Location 1: Switzerland
Location 2: Switzerland
Interests: Catfish mainly form South America, Cichlids, Geckos, Horses WWII airplanes, Orchids

Post by Yann »

Hi !

Yes I agree with the Cordylancistrus id, possibly L225? Where they imported from Colombia

I don't think there is 2 species there but just different colour variation due to the stressful environement that LFS aquarium can be!
cheers
Yann
Don't Give Up, Don't Ever Give Up!
Oscar
Location 1: Madrid, Spain
Location 2: Madrid
Interests: catfish, photography

Post by Oscar »

Cordylancistrus or Dolchiancistrus is a possible good ID. Comparing with the pics of C.torbesensis at Cat-elog, the shape is very very similar and the interopercular odontes a bit bigger. Also, according to J. Armbruster, have 9 soft rays in dorsal fin, and this shows a Dolchiancistrus.

I can´t find any pics of L225 to make a comparison. :(

Ask at LFS and these fishes, the L276 and the possible L225, come from Peru; perhaps share place of export? they cohabit in a nearly basin? L276 captured at river San Alenjandro, Peru, and the L225 in Colombia, perhaps at the Orinoco's high basin, or Magdalena basin or Negro basin?. :?:

Regards

Return to “What is my catfish?”