Trigon 350

Post pictures of your beloved catfish aquaria here. Also good for pictures of your (cat)fish rooms or equipment discussions. If you are posting pictures of identified catfish, please do so in the appropriate husbandry and reproduction forum above.
Nik_Boyd
Location 1: Cheshire

Trigon 350

Post by Nik_Boyd »

Finally got a trigon 350 with stand for my room from e-bay for £350 minus lights and filter, absolute bargain as I was going to change both anyway. How we got it in a Fiat Punto I will never know, pure faith maybe :D

Nik
Juwel Rio 180, approx. 48 US Gallon
Eheim 2128 Thermo Filter
JBL pro 2 Co2 system

Pinky the Apple Snail
11 Cardinal Tetras
10 Harlequins
2 Bristlenose Cats, 1 male, 1 female
1 Male Crowntail Betta
2 Botia Angelicus
4 Corys, 2 Speckled and 2 Albino
2 as yet unidentified catfish
MatsP
My articles: 4
My images: 28
My cats species list: 117 (i:33, k:0)
My aquaria list: 10 (i:8)
My BLogs: 4 (i:0, p:97)
Spotted: 187
Location 1: North of Cambridge
Location 2: England.

Post by MatsP »

Congratulations.

Put water in yet?

--
Mats
Nik_Boyd

Post by Nik_Boyd »

no, not yet.

I'm hopefully moving into my new room on the 12th june, and the tank currently occupies my living room. in bits.

One thing though, it was previously used as a marine tank, and although pretty clean I'm sure there is gonna be salt residue in there somewhere. How important is it to get all of this out? I vagually remember reading somewhere that plecs are intollerant to salt.

Nik
Eheim 2128 Thermo Filter
JBL pro 2 Co2 system

Pinky the Apple Snail
11 Cardinal Tetras
10 Harlequins
1 Male Crowntail Betta
2 Botia Angelicus
Durlänger
Location 1: near Biel/Bienne
Location 2: helvetia

Post by Durlänger »

If you think your finished with washing took deion. water in and have a look what happend`s µs way :!:
kev
Location 1: Lancashire
Interests: Catfish and Stingray's

Post by kev »

just remember to post some pic's when it's full of water and fish, we've heard so much about this tank for a couple of month;s now :D . Was this the tank that you needed to ge rid of some fish that came with it? if yes did you sort it out?

Kev
Put me dinner in the oven, im off to the Xingu!!!.
Nik_Boyd

Post by Nik_Boyd »

Kev, totally different tank. We lost the auction, got fed up with e-bay, went out and bought a 180lt, which lives in our living room. Its kinda been out test tank before the big one, just to see what plants and subtrate we like etc. the photo is of the 180lt.

The trigon I managed to get on a buy it now :) and today have secured the first of my two planned filters, an eheim 2329 thermo, and should hopefully in a couple of days get the other filter, either a 2028 or 2128 thermo, depening on cost. I know this is expensive, but I'm very impressed with eheim gear.

One major thing we've got to decide quickly, what substrate to use. I think sand would be best for the fish (plecs and other stuff...not decided yet), and really like the 'white' sand sold in my LFS (silicate sand, or something like that?) but have been told that its a nightmare to keep clean, does anyone have experience with this?

also suggestions of striking/bold coloured plecs for the tank, ideally friendly ones that won't completely break the bank (sadly ruling out zebras) would be great, please!

thank all!

Nik
Eheim 2128 Thermo Filter
JBL pro 2 Co2 system

Pinky the Apple Snail
11 Cardinal Tetras
10 Harlequins
1 Male Crowntail Betta
2 Botia Angelicus
bronzefry
I've donated: $100.00!
My articles: 6
My images: 13
My cats species list: 17 (i:0, k:0)
My aquaria list: 7 (i:7)
Spotted: 6
Location 1: Sharon, Massachusetts, US

Post by bronzefry »

Nik,
I hope this helps you with your substrate decisions:
http://www.planetcatfish.com/forum/view ... hp?t=11191
I believe there are other postings around, too. I have an Eheim on the 75 gallon tank and I like it. It's just my opinion. It took me a while to get used to it. I had to really read the instructions carefully and practice with it before installation. That's just me.:wink:
Durlänger
Location 1: near Biel/Bienne
Location 2: helvetia

Post by Durlänger »

Even at Forums from other filter-maker`s the people say Eheim is the best :!:

Why you like it when plant`s and maybe fish come from different area`s :?: I see African, Indonesia and Brasil (maybe Indien too) plant`s on that picture :evil:
I prefer if plant`s and fish`s are from the same area :)
Nik_Boyd

Post by Nik_Boyd »

Durlanger - the whole tank is like a test piece, just to see what we like and don't, not designed as a specific habbitat. The fish seem happy anyway :)

I'm not sure with the new tank if it will really be habitat themeed either, more depeneds what looks good and will get along with each other.

Thanks for the link Bronzefly, I'm deffinately going to use sand, but not sure about colour. Read in the thread you linked that white sand reflects quite a lot of light, therefore can be hard on low light fish, but its going to be very heavily planted near the back, so I think they should have cover. I prefer the white sand too, and might just take the time to make sure it stays clean, maybe get an eheim gravel vac so I can clean it more often than I change water (currently use a python like device)

Nik

Ps. I'll have 'teaser' photos of the tank on my living room floor later today ;)
Eheim 2128 Thermo Filter
JBL pro 2 Co2 system

Pinky the Apple Snail
11 Cardinal Tetras
10 Harlequins
1 Male Crowntail Betta
2 Botia Angelicus

Return to “Tank Talk”