Question about Corydoras Similis ( Violet ) ????????????????

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
Enantiopus_Melanogenys
Location 1: San Antonio, Texas
Interests: Tanganyika, Malawi, Victoria Cichlids, Madagasca, Catfish

Question about Corydoras Similis ( Violet ) ????????????????

Post by Enantiopus_Melanogenys »

Hello!
I am still a beginner for taking care of the Corydoras, but I really love them very much, so I really want to know any informations about them before I am going to buy them soon from the wholesaler. And, the Corydoras species that I really want to buy is the Corydoras Similis ( Violet ) Wild Caught ( F0 ) that the wholesaler, where I am going to buy calls by this name. So, Please! help me. It will be greatly appreciated. My questions are :

Are the Corydoras Similis ( Violet ) and original Corydoras Similis the same species? If they are not the same species, how different they are. How can I get the informations about them?

I will wait for everyones' informations. Thank you so much. :)
chef
My cats species list: 8 (i:0, k:0)
Location 1: stafford england
Interests: corydoras breeding etc

Post by chef »

corydoras "violet" and similis are one and the same they are similar to cory caudimaculatus, hence the name similis,
the violet refers to around the gill covers were they some times get a slight hue but not always.tjey are prtty easy to bred and if you want more info why don't you have a look at http://www.corycats.com under cory a-z
all the best
stuart

Return to “South American Catfishes (Callichthyidae - Corys et al)”