first panda eggs, please help!

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
Theresa_M
Location 1: MD, USA
Interests: fish, reading, walking, music

first panda eggs, please help!

Post by Theresa_M »

I breed Endler's livebearers and was doing my nightly de-snail of their tank when I noticed little white blobs, eggs which I first thought were the snail's. But then it hit me that they might belong to the pandas in the tank. I had trilineatus cories spawn once and these eggs look similar. They're attached to my floating anacharis and some in the java moss....it doesn't seem like the Endler's have an interest in eating them but if they are fish eggs I want to give them the best chance possible.

I put some tank water in a little plastic container. The eggs on the glass and moss I picked off and put in the water. As far as the anacharis I pinched off that piece and put the whole thing with eggs in the container. Which is now floating in the tank.

I read about using anti-fungus but the container is so small, maybe 1 cup, how much would I use? I also have a breeder net I could put in the tank, put the eggs in there...is that a better idea?
Another option is have is to put them in their own tank, I have a 5g available...it has no filter but I could put in an airstone.

Sorry for the frantic post. I'm so excited, my other cories only spawned once and the eggs didn't make it, I'm hoping for better luck this time.

corybreed
Expert
I've donated: $54.00!
My catfish: 8
My cats species list: 74 (i:8, k:0)
Spotted: 6
Location 1: Long Island, New York, USA
Location 2: Long Island

Post by corybreed »

Congratulations,
I would fill the 5 gal tank half full and use an air stone. Take the water form the tank with the adults. You can add a few drops of Methylene Blue to prevent fungusing. Remember do no feed the fry untill the yolk sacks dissolve, which takes about 4 days.

Mark
Amanda_Allyammi
Location 1: Milton Freewater, OR
Interests: Fish...CORIES...

cory eggs

Post by Amanda_Allyammi »

Buy a filter 4 the 5 gallon tank...

Return to “South American Catfishes (Callichthyidae - Corys et al)”