L-134 Suggestions

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
ClayT101
Location 1: Baton Rouge, LA
Location 2: USA
Interests: Plecos, Pro Wrestling, Football (Pro & College)

L-134 Suggestions

Post by ClayT101 »

I just got one of these guys...awesome looking fish. Anyone else have one? Any favorite foods. It is currently in quarintine. I am pretty sure it ate a bottom feeder tablet last night, and tonight it will hopefully find some blood worms (in quarintine with new german rams). I will also try a piece of zuchini as I have found that all plecos I have had (even meat eaters) seem to like it. :D
It's True! It's True!

Southeast Louisiana Aquarium Society: http://www.selas.us
S. Allen
Location 1: Colorado Springs, USA
Interests: Fish: catfish, discus, stingrays. Alcohol: Vodka, Gin, Rum, Beer, Cider. Tobacco: cigars, pipe, hookah/shisha. Dogs, Literature, Music

Post by S. Allen »

standard peckoltia stuff should be fine...
Adam
Location 1: Carnarvon, Western Australia

Post by Adam »

I've got three of these. They did not take to the vegetables that I tried a couple of times. They've settled in on a 2mm pellet that is about 48% protien. I give them a spiriluna pellet every now and again as well. The advice that Janne gives in her article in Shanes World I found very helpfull as well.

Adam
hazard
Location 1: Wi
Interests: fish

Post by hazard »

I have 5 of these. I keep them in my cichlid tanks and feed them hbh meatlovers. They have never eaten any of the veggies that I have put in the tank for my bristlenose.

Chris
The plecos are calling!!!
INXS
Location 1: Litchfield, CT

Post by INXS »

I have observed mine eating Aquadine flake (protein+community+spirulina mixed for CA cichlids).

Don't know if they eat any zuccini as the ancistrus usually devour it and I also feed live blackworms and frozen bloodworms - haven't really seen them eat much as they are pretty secrative but the foods gone and the fish are fat :D
Line
Location 1: Switzerland

Post by Line »

Hello all of you

I have 7 of them and about 25-30 little ones :D

Beside meatstuff etc. they actually love peas (without shell). In fact even Hypancistrus like peas. Try it :D .... and it looks quite funny, when they "attack" the peas.

Yours
Line
ClayT101
Location 1: Baton Rouge, LA
Location 2: USA
Interests: Plecos, Pro Wrestling, Football (Pro & College)

Post by ClayT101 »

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm glad to hear that they are being captively bred. I read the article about breeding them on Planet Catfish, but I do not have the space or the time to attempt it :)
It's True! It's True!

Southeast Louisiana Aquarium Society: http://www.selas.us

Return to “South American Catfishes (Loricariidae - Plecos et al)”