Barbatus art! LOL

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
fishnut2
I've donated: $151.00!
My images: 4
Spotted: 3
Location 1: Chicago

Barbatus art! LOL

Post by fishnut2 »

This barbatus spawn was one of 4 egg clutches laid during this spawn. To me...it looks like an albino BN pleco (that was in the next tank) LOL
Graeme
Location 2: Newcastle, England

Post by Graeme »

LOL! Clever! Disbursing the eggs to look like another Catfish! Hehe!

G.
madattiver
My cats species list: 35 (i:0, k:0)
My aquaria list: 1 (i:0)
My BLogs: 4 (i:0, p:114)
Spotted: 7
Location 1: Saskatoon, Sk, Canada

Post by madattiver »

congrats on the spawn.. quite the pattern they are making with each spawn
fishnut2

Post by fishnut2 »

Most of the spawns are single layered. The other 3 egg clutches of this spawn were single. It seems about every fifth spawn they start to layer (or cluster the eggs). I've watched a single male and a single female during the one layer spawns. I haven't seen them when they lay the clusters. I do use LARGE colonies of 12 - 15 fish. It's very possible that it's a group spawn when they decide to cluster!
Rich
NEON98101
Location 1: SEATTLE,USA

Post by NEON98101 »

Wow. That could well be the proof of the inteligence.
I knew those little dark holes so call the eyes are watching me watch them. Follow me like the gaze of Mana Lisa painting.
I mean how else you would explain the shape of the egg crusters. They are the expression of the art. And you said the model is the Pleco in the next tank. Now I think you should stick your face to the tank and see if they would like to create the likeness of your face(portrait). :) Then, I'm sure you can convince the most skepticsl of the intelligence of the fishy.
Let me know how it goes.
Then you probably could make a tons of money. Considering I saw the elephant create the painting holding blush with his/her long snout, command some high price. This fishy art could be the next big thing.
JdubsVW
Location 1: Lancaster,PA

Post by JdubsVW »

Thats pretty cool. what are the chances of that happening again ? Yes like neon said use a pic of your self as a back ground and see what happens :lol:
Proud Member Aquarium Club of Lancaster County
fishnut2

Post by fishnut2 »

LOL,
You wouldn't want to see a portrait of me. Obviously; it's just a coincidence. But the egg formation does look like a pleco! I just thought it'd be cool to post it.
Rich

Return to “South American Catfishes (Callichthyidae - Corys et al)”