Bristlenose Fry

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
Chooklet
Location 1: Newcastle,NSW,Australia

Bristlenose Fry

Post by Chooklet »

Yesterday afternoon my curiosity got the better of me and I checked inside my male bristlenoses caveâ?¦using a flashlightâ?¦.I saw at least 30 fry!! We carefully put the cave back in position. 2-3 fry had escaped and they were perfect tiny bristlenoses sucking on the glass and on the outside of the cave!! They luckily managed to find their way back into the cave which the male has been looking after for the past 10 days or so.

I am SOOOO excited. I have been waiting for this for a month now. I didnâ??t even have to do anything, oh, besides feeding them lots of algae tablets and cucumber.

Now the only question I have isâ?¦.what to do with all the fry??

Hmmmm

Anyone in Australia want any???

OHâ?¦.andâ?¦.should I feed them anything special, like put an algae tablet into his cave? I have heard that bnose fry like lettuce.

Now I keep staring at the tank waiting for them to come out. I hope it is soon. I wish I had gotten photos. I was so excited just watching the little ones I didnâ??t want to leave the tank!!!
Dave Rinaldo
I've donated: $601.00!
My images: 238
My cats species list: 64 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 97
Location 2: Austin, Texas

Post by Dave Rinaldo »

Hi!

Try typing bristlenose fry in Search at the top of the page http://www.planetcatfish.com/core/search.htm
munchie
Location 1: South Florida

Post by munchie »

Congrats!! I can't imagine how cute they must be! Before I started this hobby, I read a post where someone said their BN was adorable, and I thought, "Oh My G-d, get a life!" Guess what, now I am one of those! I look at my BN and think he's (she's??) just the cutest li'l thang!
Chooklet
Location 1: Newcastle,NSW,Australia

Post by Chooklet »

They have been escaping from the cave....aka. ceramic car.....they are so cute and tiny....like mini versions of their parents....I can't stop staring at the tank!!
rcl
Location 1: Sterling, VA [USA]

Post by rcl »

which kind of bristlenose were they? congratulations btw chooklet :)

are they the only fish in the tank? how big was the tank?
Reprisal
Location 1: sydney

Post by Reprisal »

are they the albino kind?
i live in sydney ! hahah where abts in nsw are u from?

Return to “South American Catfishes (Loricariidae - Plecos et al)”