"Tatia Novia Catfish"

Did you know fantastic help is an anagram of Planet Catfish? This forum is for those of you with pictures of your catfish who are looking for help identifying them. There are many here to help and a firm ID is the first step towards keeping your catfish in the best conditions.
pnoy702
Location 1: Las Vegas
Interests: Tanganyikan Cichlids and anykind of FISH

"Tatia Novia Catfish"

Post by pnoy702 »

Hi there again. Troi here with another question on ID. I just want to know if anyone has ever heard of a catfish with the name "Tatia Novia Catfish"? I don't have any pix at the moment. I will have a pic posted by Wednesday after Easter Sunday. But for now, I just want to know if anyone has ever heard of them. I work for a pet store if I haven't mentioned it before and we try to be knowledgeable of the fish that we sell. I know that at times that distributors give names to fishes that is not even their common name. We just want to know what we sell to our customers. Anyways, thanks again.

Troi
pnoy702

Post by pnoy702 »

Ok, nevermind. I found it on the Cat-eLog and the catfish labeled as such from the distributors we got it from in Florida is called an Oil Catfish (Centromochlus perugiae). I was wondering, can anyone please tell me any information on these catfishes? What does it eat? What should its water parameters be (pH, Hard/Soft, etc.)? And any other information that can be useful to me and my co-workers. Thanks again.

Troi
Rusty
Location 1: New York, NY
Interests: Mochokidae, Clariidae, Heteropneustidae, Malapteruridae, Chacidae, Cetopsidae, Bagridae, Amphilidae

Post by Rusty »

Yes, they come in with that name. They are fairly undemanding when it comes to food and water conditions. Forum member Achim has bred the, and posted an article on his experiences with his fish here.

Rusty
pnoy702

Post by pnoy702 »

Thanks for the link Rusty! Very much appreciated.

Troi

Return to “What is my catfish?”