Pleco Suitability

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
pnoy702
Location 1: Las Vegas
Interests: Tanganyikan Cichlids and anykind of FISH

Pleco Suitability

Post by pnoy702 »

Hi there. I just have a question. Does anyone know of any other suggestions of plecos that could go with Tanganyikan Cichlids aside from Bushy Nose Plecos, which are getting fed Sinking Wafers, Algea Wafers, occasional treat of Frozen Green Beans (haven't done zucchini yet). I am looking for plecos that generally would stay small (6" or less, the smaller max size the better), able to handle themselves with aggressive fish, and do not require log work in the tank but prefer rocky crevices? My tank's perimeters:

- 26g show (36" x 10" x 16" or approcimately 72cm x 20cm x 32cm)
- pH: 8.0
- Hardness: Forget the hardness, but here in Vegas, it's perfect for African Cichlids
- Temp: 78* - 80* F
- Substrate: 20lbs. Sand + 15lbs. Crushed Coral
- On the average, Ammonia/Nitrite stay close to 0 for over a month to month and a half and the
highest that I've seen Nitrate in my tank in 6 weeks time (which is when I do water changes) is
close to 20 ppm.
- Filtration: Cascade 500 Canister Filter ( Rated for 30g, Pumps 115 gph )
Penguin Bio-Wheel 170 ( Rated for 50g, Pumps 170 gph *)
Penguin Mini Bio-Wheel ( Rated for 20g, Pumps 100 gph *)
* keep in mind these are marineland's specifications)
** the overall times it pumps water per hour is less than that due to the lace rock
work in the tank

- Representative Pic of my Tank: http://groups.msn.com/AdvancedBettas/pn ... otoID=7033
*I say representative because I always change the lace rock work everytime I do water changes.

Thanks again.

Troi

Return to “South American Catfishes (Loricariidae - Plecos et al)”