What is this Pleco?

Did you know fantastic help is an anagram of Planet Catfish? This forum is for those of you with pictures of your catfish who are looking for help identifying them. There are many here to help and a firm ID is the first step towards keeping your catfish in the best conditions.
pnoy702
Location 1: Las Vegas
Interests: Tanganyikan Cichlids and anykind of FISH

What is this Pleco?

Post by pnoy702 »

Hi there. Troi here. I work at a local fish store in Las Vegas and we received in one of our shipments a small fancy pleco. At the moment, it is almost 2" long or so. It was not the pleco that we ordered, but something totally different. Can anyone please help me in identifying it? Sorry for the blurry pics.

Troi

Barbie
Expert
I've donated: $360.00!
My articles: 1
My images: 15
My catfish: 2
My cats species list: 58 (i:2, k:0)
Spotted: 8
Location 1: Spokane, WA
Location 2: USA

Post by Barbie »

Take a look at the L204 in the Catelog. They are close, at least. It's a bit hard to tell from the pictures. Just for your reference, geocities doesn't allow posting pics, you'll want to just paste the links for them, in the future. Hope that helps!

Barbie
Jools
Expert
My articles: 198
My images: 948
My catfish: 237
My cats species list: 87 (i:237, k:1)
My BLogs: 7 (i:10, p:202)
My Wishlist: 23
Spotted: 450
Location 1: Middle Earth,
Location 2: Scotland
Interests: All things aquatic, Sci-Fi, photography and travel. Oh, and beer.

Post by Jools »

That's the right colouration for an L204, but NOT for a 2" one. At 2" they don't look quite like that, but it still might be as the pics aren't the best. :-) My other suggestion would be L129.

Jools
Yann
I've donated: $20.00!
My articles: 8
My images: 275
My cats species list: 81 (i:0, k:0)
My BLogs: 2 (i:3, p:90)
Spotted: 108
Location 1: Switzerland
Location 2: Switzerland
Interests: Catfish mainly form South America, Cichlids, Geckos, Horses WWII airplanes, Orchids

Post by Yann »

Hi!

Could you post a picture of the dentition?
Or
Describe how the teeth look like?
Cheers
Yann
Don't Give Up, Don't Ever Give Up!
pnoy702
Location 1: Las Vegas
Interests: Tanganyikan Cichlids and anykind of FISH

Post by pnoy702 »

Thanks for the suggestions. Once again I am sorry for them not being good pix. Looking at the L204 pictures, it does ressemble that fish. I will take a picture of the fish's dentition sometime around when I work Wednesday or when I come in to the store on Thursday on my day off to pick up some food. As for the coloration, the striping is not broken up like L129, but similar to the L204. Also, it's tail seems more lyretail like L204, where as the L129 does not have. But like I said, I will try to post more better pix of the fish later on the week to better identify it. Thanks for the responses though! :)

Troi

Return to “What is my catfish?”