Free Samples

A members area where you can introduce yourself, discuss anything outwith catfish and generally get to know each other.
Coryman
Expert
My articles: 12
My catfish: 5
My cats species list: 83 (i:5, k:0)
My BLogs: 1 (i:0, p:1)
Spotted: 194
Location 1: Kidderminster UK
Location 2: Kidderminster, UK
Interests: Cory's, Loricariids, photography and more Cory's

Free Samples

Post by Coryman »

Hi All

The first issue of this years Cat Chat (Vol 5 No 1) will be with you very soon if it has not reached you yet and with this issue is a 50g tub of Aquarian Catfish Tablet food, compliments of Aquarian. To ensure all overseas members receive their magazines and the food sample we are sending them separately. It will save customs from looking into letter envelopes at what is obviously not a letter or printed paper parcel.

What I will ask is when you have used the food please let me have your feed back on it, so we can give our sponsors some feed back, which reminds me I am still waiting for more feed back on the Tetra wafer foods issued with the last magazine, 2% is not what I would call a good response. I am not looking for a scientific report just a few lines in a e-mail to say what you think.

Ian
hastatus
My images: 2
Spotted: 2
Location 1: Bedfordshire UK
Interests: Catfish, Cichlids & collecting

Post by hastatus »

Ian

You've made a good point here, if we don't give the feedback, they probably won't give the feed!
macquatic
Location 1: Inverness, Scotland

Re: Free Samples

Post by macquatic »

Coryman wrote:Hi All

The first issue of this years Cat Chat (Vol 5 No 1) will be with you very soon if it has not reached you yet

That's good news then :D
I've just joined (nice badge btw) and was going to email the sec to see when the mag is published throughout the year. :wink: Mac.
What we anticipate seldom occurs. What we least expect generally happens.
Coryman
Expert

Post by Coryman »

macquatic,

The magazine 'Cat Chat' is issued in March, June, September and December. It comes with three separate species information sheets.

Ian
Yann
I've donated: $20.00!
My articles: 8
My images: 275
My cats species list: 81 (i:0, k:0)
My BLogs: 2 (i:3, p:90)
Spotted: 108
Location 1: Switzerland
Location 2: Switzerland
Interests: Catfish mainly form South America, Cichlids, Geckos, Horses WWII airplanes, Orchids

Post by Yann »

Hi!

Talking about the info sheet, they were not in the March issue?
Should I assume that they will come along the food sample?
Cheers
Yann
Don't Give Up, Don't Ever Give Up!
Yann
I've donated: $20.00!
My articles: 8
My images: 275
My cats species list: 81 (i:0, k:0)
My BLogs: 2 (i:3, p:90)
Spotted: 108
Location 1: Switzerland
Location 2: Switzerland
Interests: Catfish mainly form South America, Cichlids, Geckos, Horses WWII airplanes, Orchids

Post by Yann »

Hi!

Ooops!!
Did not look well enough in the envelop :oops: :oops: :wink:
Cheers
Yann
Don't Give Up, Don't Ever Give Up!
Coryman
Expert

Post by Coryman »

Yann,

There should be four info sheets, Because of an error I had to withdraw one in a previous issue and finally had the time to make it up.

Ian
corybreed
Expert
I've donated: $54.00!
My catfish: 8
My cats species list: 74 (i:8, k:0)
Spotted: 6
Location 1: Long Island, New York, USA
Location 2: Long Island

Post by corybreed »

Ian,
I fed the Aquarian Catfish Pellets to 8 tanks today. Most of the fish went to the pellets right away. In a few tanks it took a little while for the fish to feed. I just checked all the tanks before shutting the lights and all food was eaten.
Mark
hastatus

Post by hastatus »

Ian

More success with the pellets, fed them to a group of C.barbatus that I brought last week, all pellets gone in the morning, fed a number of pellets to the other cats (and some cichlids) and they all went the same way, will try some observed feeding behaviour this weekend.

Steve
olway
Location 1: UK

Post by olway »

Hi coryman, just a little feedback on the two food samples recieved.
My corydoras paleatus,L177 and and ancistrus love them so much(particularly the ancistrus!) when the tetra waffers were used up I went out and bought some more. Even my rainbow fish try to get them. They keep their shape very well so that even if they aren't eaten straight away they don't foul the tank. Ancistrus has doubled in size!!in just six weeks (from1-2in) and corys are breeding on just the waffers(I had to use bloodworm to get them to breed when I used hikari waffers)
The aquarian tablets. All the above fish loved them but as they make such a mess when they break up I only used them for a couple of days. I've continued to use the tetra waffers.
Hope this is enough info. :)
Richard
hastatus

tetra waffers

Post by hastatus »

Hi Ian

I brought some dwarf pleco's this weekend and put them in the tank indoors, lot easier to do some serious veiwing, they were all over the tank to start with racing through the output current from the power filter then as they settled down I put in some of Tetra waffers whcih remained untouched
but whole for soem time then they found them, along with the snails :evil: but the pleco's had their fill and are quick to get to them now as I put more in this morning and they are waiting in the area I fed them now, which gives an added opportunity to take some photo's.

So far a good food well liked by the fish I have fed with them. let you know more later

Regards
Steve
Work like you don't need the money,
Love like you've never been hurt,
Dance like nobody's watching!
macquatic
Location 1: Inverness, Scotland

Free samples

Post by macquatic »

Not had a chance to use the Aquarian tabs 'til recently but all my Cories love them. They were a bit reluctant at first (as usual with different food) but now scoff them with gusto!
I'm also feeding a batch of Sterbai fry with microworm and crushed tablets (they're much easier to powder than flake). The fry are showing excellent growth at 3 weeks old.
All in all a good product and I'll certainly buy some in future. :wink: Mac.
What we anticipate seldom occurs. What we least expect generally happens.

Return to “Speak Easy”