woodeating pleco tips

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
Andy
Location 1: Ostersund, Jämtland (Northern Sweden)
Interests: 190L: 1 P. Costatus, 1 Pimpictus, 1 A. Grypus, 3 Ancistrus (1 from the wild!), 3 angelfish

woodeating pleco tips

Post by Andy »

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to find a good limnivore for my tank. It should preferably not need a strong current and preferably stay around 3-4 inches. Are there any species readily available on the market?

Thanks for any help,

Andy
BK
My cats species list: 6 (i:0, k:0)
Location 1: Wisconsin

Post by BK »

Panaque maccus??
Power To The Pl*cos
Andy
Interests: 190L: 1 P. Costatus, 1 Pimpictus, 1 A. Grypus, 3 Ancistrus (1 from the wild!), 3 angelfish

Post by Andy »

thanks,

I think one of the local LFS actually have a couple in stock. Are there any others that might fit the same criteria?

Andy
magnum4
Location 1: UK wirral
Interests: all things aquatic.

Post by magnum4 »

The question makes no sense. the title asks about wood eating species. But the question asks about Limnivore species.

panaque maccus are omnivores
Andy

Post by Andy »

Sorry about that, I thought that limnivore meant wood/bark-eater.
That's the kind of pleco that I'm after. I guess there are many panaques that go for wood but how many of those are common on the market. If the species is common then I'll probably be able to order it from my LFS.
biomechmonster
My cats species list: 3 (i:0, k:0)
Location 1: Chicago, IL

Post by biomechmonster »

Any of the gold nuggets, they love wood!
Andy

Post by Andy »

The problem with gold nuggets are that they are a bit larger than what I'm looking for, I'd like to find a species that stays about 3 to 4 inches. That's about 8 to 10.5 cm. Apart from that the gold nuggets would have been great.

Return to “South American Catfishes (Loricariidae - Plecos et al)”