fungal med. question

Post pictures of your beloved catfish aquaria here. Also good for pictures of your (cat)fish rooms or equipment discussions. If you are posting pictures of identified catfish, please do so in the appropriate husbandry and reproduction forum above.
Andy
Location 1: Ostersund, Jämtland (Northern Sweden)
Interests: 190L: 1 P. Costatus, 1 Pimpictus, 1 A. Grypus, 3 Ancistrus (1 from the wild!), 3 angelfish

fungal med. question

Post by Andy »

Hi everyone,

I've just lost an Astrodoras Asterifrons to some kind of fungal infection (It had a white fur coat down both sides) and I'm afraid it's spreading to my other fishies. Apart from a pair of Apistogramma Pandurini all I've got in the tank are otos, one banjo cat, one spotted raphael, and three more A. Asterifrons. I don't have a quarantine tank to separate the sick from the healthy and I was hoping somebody might have a good tip as to what medicine is best.

The water in the tank is perfect as of the last time I got it checked.

thanks,

Andy
Silurus
I've donated: $12.00!
My articles: 55
My images: 890
My catfish: 1
My cats species list: 90 (i:1, k:0)
Spotted: 423
Location 1: Singapore
Location 2: Moderator Emeritus

Post by Silurus »

Fungal infections are usually secondary (i.e. they arise after the immune system of the fish has been weakened by something else). Were the fishes showing any symptoms before the fungus broke out?
Andy
Location 1: Ostersund, Jämtland (Northern Sweden)
Interests: 190L: 1 P. Costatus, 1 Pimpictus, 1 A. Grypus, 3 Ancistrus (1 from the wild!), 3 angelfish

Post by Andy »

They seemed to lose the ability to go against the current and ended up at the filter intakes.

Return to “Tank Talk”