Eggs...

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
Sprite42
Location 1: Arkansas
Interests: Fish keeping

Eggs...

Post by Sprite42 »

I found eggs in my community tank last night. My gold apple snail was eating them. They were randomly scattered around the tank and stuck to the walls. There were anywhere from 3 to 6 in a group. I was told they were cory eggs.

I have 2 julii corys and 2 albino corys. The eggs are white and kind of rubbery. I moved them to a net breeder, about 50 of them, to keep them from being eaten. The remaining 20 or so, I couldn't get to them, were gone this morning.

Will they hatch if I have moved them? How long will it take? What do I feed them when they hatch?

Thanks,
Sprite
Have a Nice Day!!
Donna
ACE1
Location 1: UK grimsby
Interests: CATFISH

Post by ACE1 »

hi sprite the eggs you saved may hatch for you in about 3 to 4 days if you have any solid white ones they are infertile so can be removed if you have some methylene blue add some to the water you have the eggs in to stop fungus about one drop per gallon should do it ,if the eggs hatch you can feed the fry a day or so later on micro worm or newly hatched brine shrimp twice a day,if you dont have these ask your lfs for some fry food they should be able to help.hope this helps good luck
GLAD TO HELP OR BE HELPED
Sprite42
Location 1: Arkansas
Interests: Fish keeping

Post by Sprite42 »

The eggs are in a net breeder inside my main tank. Do I add methylene blue to main tank or do I need to move the eggs somewhere else?
Have a Nice Day!!
Donna
ACE1
Location 1: UK grimsby
Interests: CATFISH

Post by ACE1 »

if you dont have any where else for the eggs then you can add it to the main tank it should not have any adverse affects.
GLAD TO HELP OR BE HELPED

Return to “South American Catfishes (Callichthyidae - Corys et al)”