Friendship over?

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
Gallers
Location 1: England
Location 2: Hull

Friendship over?

Post by Gallers »

Hi fairly new to all this. Had a 60l tank since January and had 2 striped Raphael catfish (I believe) for a few months now.

They have always lived together in a hollow stone and usually done everything together.

Yesterday this changed and one has moved into the hollow pot log with the clown plecco and the other has moved out of the stone and just in the tank corner.

Can they fall out with each other? Why might they vacate their hiding spots?

Thanks
Jools
Expert
My articles: 198
My images: 948
My catfish: 237
My cats species list: 87 (i:237, k:1)
My BLogs: 7 (i:10, p:202)
My Wishlist: 23
Spotted: 450
Location 1: Middle Earth,
Location 2: Scotland
Interests: All things aquatic, Sci-Fi, photography and travel. Oh, and beer.

Re: Friendship over?

Post by Jools »

They don't tend to "fall out". More likley they've gotten bigger or the clown pleco has had a say in where it wants to be. By the way, we were all new to this at one point. That was a long time ago for me, but I am still learning all the time.

:-)

Cheers,

Jools
Gallers
Location 1: England
Location 2: Hull

Re: Friendship over?

Post by Gallers »

Jools wrote: Yesterday, 21:18 They don't tend to "fall out". More likley they've gotten bigger or the clown pleco has had a say in where it wants to be. By the way, we were all new to this at one point. That was a long time ago for me, but I am still learning all the time.

:-)

Cheers,

Jools
It's abit strange the hollow log where the plecco lives is smaller than the stone.

So the raph catfish has essentially moved to a smaller home and the plecco is refusing to move as I know they are territorial

It weird how they've both come out of the larger stone. One in the corner of the tank and one in the small space with the Plec instead of with each other

Maybe they are to big for the stone now as you say

Return to “South American Catfishes (Everything else)”