Sorubim lima

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
muridae
Location 1: Philadelphia, PA

Sorubim lima

Post by muridae »

Do you guys get giddily excited when you pick up cool new fish? I am like a kid in a candy store when I go into a fish shop, and when I can find something I want, well, heh. :lol:

I love the look of tiger shovelnoses and the other larger pims, but I have nowhere to house such a large and active fish. The other day, however, the fish shop got in a shipment of small lima shovelnoses. I picked out one with a nice full belly and brought it home with me. Oooh, what a neat fish! It's swimming around in its little quarantine tank, eating bloodworms and getting a bulgy tummy. Looking forward to when it grows a bit bigger!

It's also nice to have a cat that actually moves around some. Don't get me wrong, I love my plecos and doradids, but they don't do much in the way of swimming. Lots in the way of hiding, not much swimming. The lima is very active compared to those guys.

There's not really any point to this; I'm just happy with the newest member of my cat family and wanted to share with ya'll.

:D
Caol_ila
My images: 52
Spotted: 23
Location 1: Mainz, Germany

Post by Caol_ila »

Hi!

I also had some limas before they got too big. Very nice fish.
I am like a kid in a candy store

Code: Select all

When i feel like this i come home and realize i bought something stupid again...
cheers
Christian

Return to “South American Catfishes (Everything else)”