Red Tail Cat!!!

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
general-sherman
Location 1: australia/victoria
Interests: southamerican fish

Rtc

Post by general-sherman »

Hey coelacanth,
shouldn't that be 6L x 2L x 2L? :lol:
-Shaun
Meanwhile, Homer catches a legendary catfish, General Sherman, but to prove his love for Marge he throws it back in the lake...
coelacanth
My articles: 1
My images: 2
My catfish: 4
My cats species list: 32 (i:4, k:0)
Spotted: 3
Location 1: Bolton, UK
Location 2: UK
Interests: All things Aquatic

Re: Rtc

Post by coelacanth »

general-sherman wrote:Hey coelacanth, shouldn't that be 6L x 2L x 2L? :lol:
Preferably yes IMO, but it was just a start point for debate.
Jools
Expert
My articles: 198
My images: 948
My catfish: 237
My cats species list: 87 (i:237, k:1)
My BLogs: 7 (i:10, p:202)
My Wishlist: 23
Spotted: 450
Location 1: Middle Earth,
Location 2: Scotland
Interests: All things aquatic, Sci-Fi, photography and travel. Oh, and beer.

Post by Jools »

katfishguy wrote:The admins and mods on this board are dead against these large cats,,
http://www.forum.planetcatfish.com/viewtopic.php?t=5287

And you wonder why we appear jaded?

Jools
Beersnob
Location 1: Royal Oak, Michigan
Interests: Drinking Beer, Brewing Beer, Drinking Mead, Mazing Mead, hiking, Backpacking, fishing, camping, and of cource Catfish!

Post by Beersnob »

Katman wrote:Don't take me wrong ,I am not trying to go aginst any one here, or thier tank size suggestions .
I don't go to the extreams on sizes ,not all fish grow to world record size or there would be no
world records.
All I am asking is why give the size of a fish that is possibly the largest ever caught and then
make the statement that if your fish doesn't get that big you are doing something wrong.

If someone ask about Sorubims, Don't automatically say that they can grow to one meter,
when some of the smaller species barelly reach a 12 in.full grown.

This makes little difference on smaller fish , but 12 in. makes a lot of difference in tank size
when it comes to larger fish.
Katman,

I posted the Tiger Shovelnose, shovelnose or other Catfish for the 55 gallon tank, and wonder what pearls of wisdom you can give me. Please note: I live in Michigan where I will lose the fishes in ponds from Birds, dogs, cats, and most nastily popsicle (frozen) catfishes. Is the 55-gallon too small? Will I have to change tanks quickly? I may not have room for another large tank. What would be a good aquarium-mate that wouldn't be lunch? Or am I full of dreams but no reality?

Confused and desiring a large cat,

Scott
Beersnob

Sooo many Beers, So little time!

How many Catfish are in your Tank?
MonkeeFish
Location 1: California
Interests: none

Post by MonkeeFish »

beersnob:: u can build in a indoor wooden pond and keep it in your garage.

Also i have a questions for you guyz out there. When you have a small TSN or RTC how would u feed the catfish??? What im trying to say is do i still feeding it weekly or daily??? im talking about a small one thou like 2-3 inches?????

Return to “South American Catfishes (Everything else)”