Newly afflicted with this Pl*cosis!!

A members area where you can introduce yourself, discuss anything outwith catfish and generally get to know each other.
inkfish86
Location 1: TROUTdale, OR

Newly afflicted with this Pl*cosis!!

Post by inkfish86 »

Hello,

I am a new member, though I do see a few familiar names here. My wife suffers from the affliction, as well and is a member on this site.

I have only had one Pl*co until this morning, a beatiful 10" Liposarcus pardalis that I got when he was about 1" long, he had an unpleasant altercation early in life that has left him with only a bottom half to his tail, but gets around quite well and no longer suffers the wrath of ANY fish.

I also have a few tanks of African Cichlids, where I keep a Synodontis multipunctatis and a Synodontis angelicus.

This morning I purchased my first of what I hope to be many varieties of Pl*costomus. I am not exactly sure what he is, as I believe that he was mislabled. I will make a followup post in another part of the forum.

I live about 10 miles east of Portland, OR in a little villa called Troutdale.

I look forward to participating but most of all learning from the members of the forum,

Thanks,

Jim
Meganfitz
Location 1: Oregon

Post by Meganfitz »

Welcome, Inkfish! :lol:
Fiskars the Whiskers
Location 1: Ketchikan, Alaska
Interests: Catfish, coffee, math, reading, the internet, frolicing, going for drives, anthropology, Terry Pratchett books

Post by Fiskars the Whiskers »

Welcome! Hooray for Oregon! I lived in Portland for a year while I was going to college. I often drove around Oregon to see the beautiful view! :)
Line up!
inkfish86

Post by inkfish86 »

Fiskars the Whiskers, I used to live in Soldotna, AK ('82-'87), hoorah for Alaskas AND Oregon!!!
Fiskars the Whiskers
Interests: Catfish, coffee, math, reading, the internet, frolicing, going for drives, anthropology, Terry Pratchett books

Yaaay! *L* I have been to Soldotna! Lovely place! My mom used to live in Anchorage and we would take week-long driving trips driving around Alaska. (There is a fantastic aquarium in Seward! There is also a sign outside of Seward which proclaims it the "Funnest Town in Alaska" but I don't know about that :wink: :) ) that we saw on our travels. What were you doing living in Soldotna?
Line up!
Barbie
Expert
I've donated: $360.00!
My articles: 1
My images: 15
My catfish: 2
My cats species list: 58 (i:2, k:0)
Spotted: 8
Location 1: Spokane, WA
Location 2: USA

Post by Barbie »

Isn't the only Dairy Queen in AK in Soldotna? Dunno why I'd know that, lol! We only threatened to drive the 2.5 hours from Anchorage a time or two for a Peanut Buster Parfait!

I got this picture from the parking lot of the Seward Sea Life Center. I keep meaning to track down the person that owns the boat, as I saved the picture in a huge format, and I really like it at least :D

Such a small world, but I'm definitely glad to be back here in Washington! Does anyone ever make it up to the Puget Sound club auctions in April?

Barbie
Fiskars the Whiskers

There is a Dairy Queen in Soldotna and I didn't know about it when I was there?! Oh, man, I missed out! I love their cherry-dipped ice cream cones. :)
Line up!
inkfish86

Post by inkfish86 »

I don't know if it is/was the only DQ in AK, but I did work there for a short time. It was the local hangout, or at least the parking lot was where everybody gathered. My history teacher got me a job there (at the DQ) he was a 1/3 owner. Pretty funny. Who woulda thought almost 20 years later, I'd be thinkin' about DQ in Soldotna?!

I was in high school there, and left when I joined the army, haven't been back. Very beautiful there, but the cost of living is rather expensive. My parents still own property there, quite remote (where their property is at) would like to take my family there to see it someday.

Big Planet / Small World huh?

Return to “Speak Easy”