Cory The Catfish vid game

A members area where you can introduce yourself, discuss anything outwith catfish and generally get to know each other.

Do you like this idea?

Yes! Make it into a game!
47%
Good idea, but it needs improvement.
18%
Hmm.... kinda boring.
12%
Bad story, bad game.
No votes
It's just stupid. Don't even bother.
24%

Total votes: 17

Elle
Location 1: *heh* Depew, NY
Interests: Watching my catfish... and anime.

Cory The Catfish vid game

Post by Elle »

Hi! I am hoping to make a vid game for PS2 or GBA. :? It is called "Cory the Catfish". So here's the story line-
A bunch of fish are hanging around at recess. One catfish (Cory) is talking to his friends (also catfish) named Kat, Gessive, and Spyke. Kat is bragging about her skills on the bow and arrow. She points out that she uses special spines in her back fin as arrows. The others laugh and keep talking to each other. All of a sudden, a huge shadow passes over them. All the fish look up into the gaping mouth of a shark. Cory and his friends swim away and hide while the other fish are captured by the shark and taken away.:twisted: Cory, Kat, Gessive, and Spyke stare in horror....:shock:

The point of the story is to get all the other fish back before they are turned into catfish soup!

Attacks-

Cory
-Boom Bubble- He swallows the opponent and burps them up in a bubble. Then the bubble pops and the opponent falls to the ground and turns into little sprinkle-y things.
-Tail Whip- He whacks the opponent with his tail.
-Ram- He headbutts the opponent really hard.

Kat
-Arrow Attack- She takes a modified spine out of her back fin (it grows right back) and shoots it like an arrow from her bow.
-Harpoon- She takes a spine from her back fin and stabs the opponent with it.
-Tail Whip- She whacks the opponent with her tail.

Gessive
-Mirror Skin- He uses his skin as a mirror to shine light in his opponents eyes, temporaraly blinding them.
-Whisker Hit- He literally impales his opponent with his whiskers (barbels).
-Tail Whip- He whacks the opponent with his tail.

Spyke
-Spine Spike- He turns and stabs his opponent with his back fin.
-Armor Blade- He takes a armor plate from his side and, using it like a sword, he slices his opponent in half. Then he puts the plate back.
-Tail Whip- He whacks his opponent with his tail.

There are 3 'worlds' and 5 levels in each world. At the end of each level, the is a piece of a map. When all the levels are defeated (all map pieces are found),all the map pieces come together and make a big map, leading to the shark's hideout. Then you get the other fish to safety and beat the shark and you win.:|

Ok, it's cheesy and kinda stupid, BUT I TRIED!!! :cry:
For the poll, I just wanted to know if you like the idea or not.
And if anyone could maybe help with designing the characters (I know what kind of fish they are, but not exactly what they look like) or anything, please tell me! tired1
Fear Da Elle!
00 MooRRii 00
Location 1: Australia

haha

Post by 00 MooRRii 00 »

:o

bit too much time on your hand i think, :roll:
Fiskars the Whiskers
Location 1: Ketchikan, Alaska
Interests: Catfish, coffee, math, reading, the internet, frolicing, going for drives, anthropology, Terry Pratchett books

Post by Fiskars the Whiskers »

What a fantastic idea!!! What kind of fish are you thinking of?
michelle56
Location 1: Oklahoma
Interests: Loricariiadae because it has Plecostomus, Blue-Eyed Panaque, Twiggies, Ottos,Whiptails,Pretty Peckoltias

Post by michelle56 »

tail whip? that's a pokemon attack...
I've tried to kill the pain,but only brought more(so much more) I lay dying, and I'm pouring crimson regret and betrayal I'm dying,praying,bleeding,and screaming...Am I too lost to be saved? Am I too lost? My God my Tourniquet return to Salvation, My God my Tourniquet return to me Salvation.
Fiskars the Whiskers
Interests: Catfish, coffee, math, reading, the internet, frolicing, going for drives, anthropology, Terry Pratchett books

Shhh! Maybe no one else will notice and we won't get sued because maybe "Tail Whip" is trademarked by Pokemon. It's our little catfish secret. :wink:
wolffish666
Location 1: milwaukee ,wisconson

Re: Cory The Catfish vid game

Post by wolffish666 »

get a life
Elle

Post by Elle »

Hi! The main characters are all catfish, but the fish that got fishnapped are just a whole bunch of different kinds, but they are all kinda small. Like, none over 4 inches long. I know it's kinda cheesy, but it's supposed to be for little kids.:cry: Kind of. Older people can play it, too! Like me! Or you! (if you want):ang:

:twisted:
*note-I always have time on my hands! (I'm bored 15 or 16 hours out of a day!) zzz
*note2-It's not like I watch Pokemon! It's a pointless cartoon.... don't tell them I said that.....:-X
*note3-wolffish666, I had one, but then I lost it. I lose stuff a lot. My life is just one of the many things..... tup
Fear Da Elle!
catfish_dude
My cats species list: 2 (i:0, k:0)
Location 1: New Zealand
Interests: catfish, rugby, cricket

Post by catfish_dude »

ya um sounds boring but i guess other ppl will like it............... :?
Some folks are wise and some otherwise.
-- Josh Billings
Taratron
I've donated: $40.00!
My cats species list: 1 (i:0, k:0)
Location 1: Arizona, USA
Location 2: Phoenix, AZ
Interests: Fish, herps, the Discworld novels, Invader Zim, and entomology

Post by Taratron »

I'd love to try it. :D Bring it on!
But if you tame me, then we shall need each other. To me, you will be unique in all the world. To you, I will be unique in all the world..... You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.
~Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Fiskars the Whiskers

I personally think it sounds cute. *L*
michelle56
Interests: Loricariiadae because it has Plecostomus, Blue-Eyed Panaque, Twiggies, Ottos,Whiptails,Pretty Peckoltias

Post by michelle56 »

just ask nitendo to do it!
I'am sure they'll understand!
Good luck!

~Michelle :wink:~
I've tried to kill the pain,but only brought more(so much more) I lay dying, and I'm pouring crimson regret and betrayal I'm dying,praying,bleeding,and screaming...Am I too lost to be saved? Am I too lost? My God my Tourniquet return to Salvation, My God my Tourniquet return to me Salvation.
Elle

Kitter Vid!

Post by Elle »

:shock: I would ask Nintendo, but I do not have an address or anything. Can someone maybe help me with that? Maybe...just maybe I will ask! Do you think they will actually think it is ok?... :o It would be really cool if they would...

Kitter Vid!
-Elle tup
Fear Da Elle!
michelle56

Post by michelle56 »

Elle

Post by Elle »

Hey! Thanks! I tried it, I e-mailed them. I hope it works...I really do...

40 minutes later... :cry: Well, it didn't work. I got an
e-mail that said that it didn't go though. :evil: Darn...I wish it did...Anyone else have anything that could help? If you do, please reply! Thanks Much!!!

Christmas is tomorrow!
-Elle tup
Fear Da Elle!
michelle56

Post by michelle56 »

I'am really sorry it didn't work...........
MackIntheBox
Location 1: Dallas, TX

Post by MackIntheBox »

http://www.nintendo.com/contact

take your pick, lotsa people to email there, hehe

good luck :) :thumbsup:
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes."
The Doctor (Robot, 1974/5)
TheSlackersLounge Home for Slackers ;)
SLAP, SLAP, SQUISH! (Penny-Arcade)
michelle56

Post by michelle56 »

I hope they make it for Gamecube or Gameboy Advance. :D
Elle

Post by Elle »

Well, I sent another e-mail. I hope it will work this time... I have Game Boy Advance! In fact, I am playing it right now. I got a Yu-Gi-Oh! game for it! Thanks for the site, yashmack. *sigh* I do hope it works this time... 8) It would be really cool if they made the vid game!

-Yay!!! *so happy!*
-Elle tup
Fear Da Elle!
michelle56

Post by michelle56 »

If it doesn't I'll e-mail them.
otg
Location 1: Australia

Post by otg »

is cory a cory?
if so what the hell is a sharl doing in the same water as a cory or vice versa.
Elle

Post by Elle »

Cory is a cory. That's why his name is Cory. Get it? The shark came to capture them so he could make them into soup. Yes, soup. I don't know why. It's just.... the shark is evil. And he wants soup. So there. ...... soup... :P

*sigh* I want soup!
-Elle tup
Fear Da Elle!
MC
Location 1: Perth, Western Australia

Post by MC »

Send the idea to Sony, Microsoft whoever,

The idea is brilliant. Instead of the bubble thing, why not have a barbel attack. Where the little...hang on..this is your idea, I'll leave the designing up to you :razz:

Why not make it a bit environmental, have the Cory dude, save the rest of the catfish from the evil hydro electric dam....or something.

Good Luck.
"Aprés moi, le deluge"
"Per purum tonantes"
"Esse potius quam videri"
"Tentate et perficite"
Beersnob
Location 1: Royal Oak, Michigan
Interests: Drinking Beer, Brewing Beer, Drinking Mead, Mazing Mead, hiking, Backpacking, fishing, camping, and of cource Catfish!

Post by Beersnob »

Elle wrote:Hi! The main characters are all catfish, but the fish that got fishnapped are just a whole bunch of different kinds, but they are all kinda small. Like, none over 4 inches long. I know it's kinda cheesy, but it's supposed to be for little kids.:cry: Kind of. Older people can play it, too! Like me! Or you! (if you want):ang:

:twisted:
*note-I always have time on my hands! (I'm bored 15 or 16 hours out of a day!) zzz
*note2-It's not like I watch Pokemon! It's a pointless cartoon.... don't tell them I said that.....:-X
*note3-wolffish666, I had one, but then I lost it. I lose stuff a lot. My life is just one of the many things..... tup
Elle,

It might be good to change the shark to a freshwater predator-like a Muskie! and the rest of the fish are different "inferior" fish (not Catfish therefore helpless). You might want to include some additional species like Tigershovelnose Cat, Channel Cat, Bullhead, etc... :roll:

As to the not having a life issue....It's gotta be better than a Beer Geek talking about Beer on a Catfish Forum :shock: Oh! That Would be me :lmao:

I always fee lthat if someone has time to knock me and my lack of life....how bad is their life? :idea:

Have a Great New Year! I'm drinking Stone Brewing Company's Arrogant Bastard Ale! and YES! I'm not Worthy!

Scott
Beersnob

Sooo many Beers, So little time!

How many Catfish are in your Tank?
biomechmonster
My cats species list: 3 (i:0, k:0)
Location 1: Chicago, IL

Re: Cory The Catfish vid game

Post by biomechmonster »

wolffish666 wrote:get a life
Said it better than I could (or maybe a little more nicely) :P

Return to “Speak Easy”