new tank

A members area where you can introduce yourself, discuss anything outwith catfish and generally get to know each other.
xander
My cats species list: 21 (i:0, k:0)
My aquaria list: 6 (i:0)
Location 1: MN USA

new tank

Post by xander »

I am looking at getting a new tank. I just became aware today of a couple used ones for sale. One is 125 gallon for $350 with a stand lid and lights. The other is a 75 with stuff, not sure what excactly except for a sump, and that goes for $250. What would U do? I am thinking of dipping into my savings and getting both. I am already cramped for space but for another tank I may be able to squeeze some in.
kwalker
I've donated: $236.00!
My images: 4
My cats species list: 55 (i:0, k:0)
My BLogs: 16 (i:2, p:392)
Spotted: 2
Location 1: SPENCER,OHIO USA
Location 2: spencer,ohio united states
Interests: breeding catfish from all parts of the world and getting them into the hobby. favorite catfish is the stonecat madtom,btw ingo how are my fish

Re: new tank

Post by kwalker »

xander wrote:I am looking at getting a new tank. I just became aware today of a couple used ones for sale. One is 125 gallon for $350 with a stand lid and lights.
i for one firmly beleive bigger is better. go for the 125. the cost isn't bad either.

ken
" CATFISH, THE ONLY REAL AQUARIUM FISH"
metallhd
Location 1: Edmonton Alberta Canada

Post by metallhd »

go big! the way I see it it's 250 for 75 or 350 for 125? sounds simple that way, gear be darned . . .
The toil of all that be helps not the primal fault
it rains into the sea, and still the sea is salt
Meganfitz
Location 1: Oregon

Post by Meganfitz »

If you can afford it and have the space, get both!! You might not come across a deal like that again!! If not, get the big one, definitely! :lol:
Graeme
Location 2: Newcastle, England

Post by Graeme »

Yeah i agree! Bigger is better!! I know it's easy for us to say "get bigger" but if you can i would.

G.

Return to “Speak Easy”