Albino bn pleco males dead.

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
kimbo
My cats species list: 11 (i:0, k:0)
Location 2: Independence MO

Albino bn pleco males dead.

Post by kimbo »

I have lost two male in the last 3 months. I get a spawn out then about a month later I find my male dead. Is it possible the female is killing the males?

Kim
Barbie
Expert
I've donated: $360.00!
My articles: 1
My images: 15
My catfish: 2
My cats species list: 58 (i:2, k:0)
Spotted: 8
Location 1: Spokane, WA
Location 2: USA

Re: Albino bn pleco males dead.

Post by Barbie »

Without any background information at all about the tanks, I doubt any guessing about the possible cause will really be valid. At the top of this forum there is a sticky that requests answers to specific questions. If you could fill them out, we'd be happy to try to help. Thanks!

Barbie
kimbo
My cats species list: 11 (i:0, k:0)
Location 2: Independence MO

Post by kimbo »

Barbie I appreciate the redirect. My question is has anyone had aggression female to male ending in death of the male in ancistrus plecos.

Kim
Barbie
Expert
I've donated: $360.00!
My articles: 1
My images: 15
My catfish: 2
My cats species list: 58 (i:2, k:0)
Spotted: 8
Location 1: Spokane, WA
Location 2: USA

Post by Barbie »

Any fish can kill another fish, but the odds are not good that's what is happening here. It's not at all common. Without more information it's just going to be very hard to tell. I know your tap water is quite hard. How long has the tank been up? Those questions in the thread really do serve a purpose, whether they're terribly inconvenient to fill out or not.

Barbie

Return to “South American Catfishes (Loricariidae - Plecos et al)”