help with black and white pleco

Did you know fantastic help is an anagram of Planet Catfish? This forum is for those of you with pictures of your catfish who are looking for help identifying them. There are many here to help and a firm ID is the first step towards keeping your catfish in the best conditions.
pez gato
Location 2: Hampshire, UK

help with black and white pleco

Post by pez gato »

I recently bought these plecos. They were sold as L066 king tiger plecos. However I have seen king tiger plecos before and look very different. The black and white in my plecos is very contrasting, almost zebra pleco-like but with different pattern. What do you think?

Fish 1

DSCF2076.JPG
DSCF2077.JPG
DSCF2080.JPG
pez gato

Re: help with black and white pleco

Post by pez gato »

Fish 2
DSCF2092.JPG
DSCF2097.JPG
DSCF2101.JPG
According to the shop these fishes were wild-caught in Brazil. They are currently around 1 1/2 inches long.
Silurus
I've donated: $12.00!
My articles: 55
My images: 890
My catfish: 1
My cats species list: 90 (i:1, k:0)
Spotted: 423
Location 1: Singapore
Location 2: Moderator Emeritus

Post by Silurus »

pez gato

Post by pez gato »

Hi Silurus, thank you for your suggestion. I have to say that as a recent fan of L numbers, I find this business very confusing! I have looked around and found at least 3 other L numbers that match the looks of my fish. They could be L270 as suggested, however many of the pictures I have seen show these fish have a yellowish/brown hue, mine are definitely black and white. I guess it could be due to the fact that they are very young. Will post more pictures later when that have grown a bit.
Jools
Expert
My articles: 198
My images: 948
My catfish: 237
My cats species list: 87 (i:237, k:1)
My BLogs: 7 (i:10, p:202)
My Wishlist: 23
Spotted: 450
Location 1: Middle Earth,
Location 2: Scotland
Interests: All things aquatic, Sci-Fi, photography and travel. Oh, and beer.

Post by Jools »

Yes, L-numbers are very confusing - welcome to our world! Where the fishes come from is a clue. I would discount the hue of the colouration; it's very misleading. looks a good ID to me.

Cheers,

Jools

Return to “What is my catfish?”