Repashy Superfoods for fish

Items for sale in the United States of America and Canada.
Coriequest
My cats species list: 4 (i:0, k:0)
My aquaria list: 5 (i:3)
My BLogs: 2 (i:0, p:85)
Location 2: San Francisco
Interests: Animals, Corey's, CRS, planted tanks, horses, reading, psychology, human behavior

Re: Repashy Superfoods for fish

Post by Coriequest »

There's an odor but not so stinky that you can't bear it! Lol. My Cory's and otos love the soilent green. The otos especially show great vigor and excitement. Repashy is my favorite food!
pleco_breeder
My articles: 2
My cats species list: 17 (i:0, k:0)
Location 1: Arizona
Interests: breeding plecos and corys

Post by pleco_breeder »

I, for one, can deal with the smell. I actually like the smell in small doses, but it does get a bit overbearing when mixing enough to feed more and more fishes. I had to mix enough to feed all my tanks for a week yesterday, but the house needed to air out a bit anyway ;)

The benefits of improved numbers of fry, faster growth, and easier maintenance far outweigh a couple hours with the windows open on a nice spring day.

Larry
Impossible only means that somebody hasn't done it correctly yet.
Shane
Expert
My articles: 69
My images: 161
My catfish: 75
My cats species list: 4 (i:75, k:0)
My aquaria list: 4 (i:4)
Spotted: 99
Location 1: Tysons
Location 2: Virginia

Post by Shane »

Finally got my hands on some of this (thanks Rachel!) and have been feeding it for a week.

The fish clearly really love the Soilent Green. I have watched three spp of Chaetostoma (which can be tricky eaters to say the least) all go right after it. In just a week it has become my staple for these fish.

You also get a lot of bang for the buck. A pouch of this stuff makes a lot more fish food than one would think. I have not done the exact math, but comparing it to other frozen foods, I would say this is 1/3 to 1/4 as expensive.

Follow Ted's above instructions and add the boiling water to the mix (i.e. don't cook them together in the microwave. Also, do this outside and let the solution cool outside unless you have a very tolerant partner, or one with no sense of smell.

-Shane
"My journey is at an end and the tale is told. The reader who has followed so faithfully and so far, they have the right to ask, what do I bring back? It can be summed up in three words. Concentrate upon Uganda."
Winston Churchill, My African Journey
mcaquatic
My cats species list: 67 (i:0, k:0)
My Wishlist: 1
Spotted: 34
Location 1: USA
Location 2: somerville, NJ

Post by mcaquatic »

bsmith wrote:So is everyone making 1oz (powder) then just keeping the prepared food in the freezer/fridge in a Tupperware/baggie and this is working out well?>
sorry old thread but I just got the food and want to give it a try. Especially for my quarantine tanks to use with dewormer. Those of you mixing 1 oz powder with 3 oz water. Is 1 ounce of powder essentially two tablespoons? Sorry I don't have a scale.
jsalas623
My cats species list: 3 (i:0, k:0)
Location 2: Phoenix, AZ

Post by jsalas623 »

Well when it comes to my spoons I would say more like 4 tablespoons b-)
wilkinss77
My cats species list: 5 (i:0, k:0)
My aquaria list: 2 (i:0)
Spotted: 3
Location 1: 66 common lane
Location 2: thundersley, essex, uk

Post by wilkinss77 »

seems you can't get repashy fish foods here in the uk, only repashy reptile foods- all links to repashy fish/aquarium foods lead only to sellers in the US.
Barbie
Expert
I've donated: $360.00!
My articles: 1
My images: 15
My catfish: 2
My cats species list: 58 (i:2, k:0)
Spotted: 8
Location 1: Spokane, WA
Location 2: USA

Post by Barbie »

He's working on that, but I also intend to bring some to the CSG convention in March. I'll update this thread if I hear more about an ETA.

Barbie

Return to “For Sale (USA & Canada)”