Need some advice for corydoras Loxozonus

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
ChristianS
My cats species list: 24 (i:3, k:8)
My BLogs: 2 (i:0, p:15)
Spotted: 10
Location 2: Sweden

Need some advice for corydoras Loxozonus

Post by ChristianS »

Hi
I need some breeding advice for corydoras Loxozonus.
if someone have some breeding info to share about them would be great

//ChristianS
pleco_breeder
My articles: 2
My cats species list: 17 (i:0, k:0)
Location 1: Arizona
Interests: breeding plecos and corys

Re: Need some advice for corydoras Loxozonus

Post by pleco_breeder »

I only spawned them a couple times early last year, but they seemed to follow the same pattern as most other corys. I never pulled either eggs or breeders, so the resulting number of fry was rather low. However, there was about 60 eggs in the tank each time the colony spawned. I cannot say whether this was a single female or several as I never got a chance to watch the spawns.

Larry
Impossible only means that somebody hasn't done it correctly yet.
MChambers
My cats species list: 26 (i:12, k:0)
My BLogs: 6 (i:0, p:76)
Spotted: 2
Location 2: Washington DC

Post by MChambers »

Larry,

Where did they put the eggs?
pleco_breeder
My articles: 2
My cats species list: 17 (i:0, k:0)
Location 1: Arizona
Interests: breeding plecos and corys

Post by pleco_breeder »

Most were on mops hanging from the top to bottom. All of them I saw were in the bottom part. Others were on the glass where the mops touched it.

Edit: I will also add the eggs were smaller than most corys.

Larry
Impossible only means that somebody hasn't done it correctly yet.
ChristianS
My cats species list: 24 (i:3, k:8)
My BLogs: 2 (i:0, p:15)
Spotted: 10
Location 2: Sweden

Post by ChristianS »

Thanks Larry
How did You get them to start spawing?

ChristianS
corylady
Location 2: davie, florida

Post by corylady »

part of this depends on where your corys r from. r they low or high altitude corys? i raise orange lasers from the high country of peru; my trilineatus came from a fish store; but also come from peru and equador. high country fish like colder water. all tanks r at 74. my trilineatusn love the temp so i think they r a more high altitude fish. i do 4-5 water changes in a row on the lasers and they spawn. there is a rainy season in s. america (our winter) and the water changes tend to mimic that. if u can.t keep ur thermostat at 74, keep a treated gal. jugnof water in the fridge to use in ur spawning tank water change. treat it, put it back for tomorrow. i live in a small trailer and can afford to keep the temp low. lower altitude species do not need the cold water. just the mimic of rainy season.my ph is 6.6,also. find out where your species is from . it will help. my trilineatus spawn every 8-10 days. i have a juvie tank w150 or so, fry tank w60-70, and eggs on the glass and this is not their spawning season!i've only had the lasers 2 mos. out of peru and they r spawning, so whateverworks, rite?my spawning tanks have small round aquarium gravel. most eggs r laid by both species on plastic plants; a few on the glass but never very many.

Return to “South American Catfishes (Callichthyidae - Corys et al)”