New to forum, and looking for zebra pleco's

A members area where you can introduce yourself, discuss anything outwith catfish and generally get to know each other.
cichlidhunter
Location 1: Ontario, Canada

New to forum, and looking for zebra pleco's

Post by cichlidhunter »

Hi
My name's patric and I am new to this forum. I must say I've been checking out everything for a while and the website and forum and wonderfully run!

Anyway, I had to leave for Africa twice over the last few years Malawi (working for S.M.G Limited). But before I left I had a collection of 10 zebra pleco's, Two pairs of which I was able to breed but right around the time I was leaving. I've been looking for two months for a supplier but most times finding that that had just sold out or would not be bringing in any new South American shipments for some time. Can anybody direct me to a good source?

Thanks, pat
Yann
I've donated: $20.00!
My articles: 8
My images: 275
My cats species list: 81 (i:0, k:0)
My BLogs: 2 (i:3, p:90)
Spotted: 108
Location 1: Switzerland
Location 2: Switzerland
Interests: Catfish mainly form South America, Cichlids, Geckos, Horses WWII airplanes, Orchids

Post by Yann »

Hi!

Welcome to the forum PAt!
I don't know about that but maybe you can check with Shop US based , maybe they will send over to Canada as well! Barbie has ordered several fish from Frybabies and seem to be happy with them maybe you can check with them.
Cheers
Yann
Don't Give Up, Don't Ever Give Up!
Barbie
Expert
I've donated: $360.00!
My articles: 1
My images: 15
My catfish: 2
My cats species list: 58 (i:2, k:0)
Spotted: 8
Location 1: Spokane, WA
Location 2: USA

Post by Barbie »

Hi :) Welcome to Planet Catfish!

I've definitely always been happy with fish I purchased from Julie at Frybabies.com. She also imports stuff from Malawi and Tanganyika, so it makes it nice for me. I know she just got in a shipment with some zebras this week, but as far as I know, they are all sold already. I am actually adding 6 of them to my group, so I can take pictures of them next week after they arrive, if you like.

I don't know that she ships to Canada, and I know it would require a special permit on your part. You might be able to pool together for an order though, as I know another person in Ottawa that was considering some of her fish.

Contacting her about whether she's getting more couldn't hurt :)

Barbie
cichlidhunter
Location 1: Ontario, Canada

thanks for the welcome

Post by cichlidhunter »

Thanks barbie and yann for the welcome.

I've already talked to julie from frybabies a few weeks ago and I am on their waiting list. But its been nearly 3 weeks. I was so lucky to pick up 10 at an ACA convention a few years back (at 35$ each!).

all the best,

patric
ClayT101
Location 1: Baton Rouge, LA
Location 2: USA
Interests: Plecos, Pro Wrestling, Football (Pro & College)

Post by ClayT101 »

What part of Ontario? If its Toronto, or anywhere near Buffalo NY (My canadian province geography isn't that good), try The Fish Place on Robinson St. Ask for Pete. Or if you want I can send you his email.
It's True! It's True!

Southeast Louisiana Aquarium Society: http://www.selas.us
chinaboy1021
Location 1: Toronto

Post by chinaboy1021 »

If you're in Toronto, ive seen zebra plecos at PJs Pet Centre for 80 bucks a peice i believe. they're gone now, but they're not impossible to find.

Return to “Speak Easy”