can anyone confirm L127

Did you know fantastic help is an anagram of Planet Catfish? This forum is for those of you with pictures of your catfish who are looking for help identifying them. There are many here to help and a firm ID is the first step towards keeping your catfish in the best conditions.
joemc
My cats species list: 5 (i:0, k:0)
Location 2: ireland

can anyone confirm L127

Post by joemc »

the fish is approx 7-8 cms, is omnivore and active in the daytime, not too shy, it is one of a group of 10 bought, all bar one are similar, though their markings are variable, the odd one in the group is a bit smaller and is spotted and has an orange outline on dorsal and claudal fin, it is much more flighty and hard to get a picture of, i think it is L106
Unungy
My images: 22
My cats species list: 2 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 10
Location 1: USA - CA
Location 2: Sunland, CA 91040
Interests: Collecting rare fish.

Re: can anyone confirm L127

Post by Unungy »

very nice fish..

would you happen to have more pictures? or can you take some more?

Saul
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Saul - Owner
Unungy's Rare Imports - Wholesale Distribution

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/UnungysRareImports?pnref=lhc
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
joemc
My cats species list: 5 (i:0, k:0)
Location 2: ireland

Post by joemc »

will do my best, i just use one of the kids fancy camera phones when they call in, so will do when they are back around home!
what i can say regarding their markings is all their tails and dorsals are striped black and clear, all their heads seem dotted to varing extents, and as you go down the body they change to the wavy lines you see on the one in the pic, some are more greyish and some are darker.
i cannot see any obvious differences in the fish to try and sex them, they do seem to be in some way territorial with occasional chasing away of another coming too near, maybe males?
plecorocks
My cats species list: 8 (i:3, k:0)
My aquaria list: 4 (i:0)
Location 2: Madison, WI USA

Post by plecorocks »

I have a pair of L127, they look similar, though mine have more grey coloring. They lose some grey when they are stressed. Mine are full grown adults, about 10-11 cm. A picture of the head and/or mouth would help with identification.

Return to “What is my catfish?”