Wanted: BN Plecos

Items for sale in the United States of America and Canada.
Ladybugzcrunch
Location 2: SW Florida

Wanted: BN Plecos

Post by Ladybugzcrunch »

Anyone breed bristle nose plecos in Ft. Myers area?
MatsP
My articles: 4
My images: 28
My cats species list: 117 (i:33, k:0)
My aquaria list: 10 (i:8)
My BLogs: 4 (i:0, p:97)
Spotted: 187
Location 1: North of Cambridge
Location 2: England.

Re: Wanted: BN Plecos

Post by MatsP »

I have no idea if it happens around Ft. Myers, but there is commercial breeding of bristlenoses in Florida fish farms.

--
Mats
Ladybugzcrunch
Location 2: SW Florida

Post by Ladybugzcrunch »

I do not know of any fish farms within reasonable driving distance from Fort Myers, do you? They seem to be a really common species and I can not figure out why my LFS's do not stock them. Actually my LFS had an albino male about 3 inches and wanted 30$ for him. I thought that was a little high and I do not mind if they are smaller so I thought I would look for the little guy selling them since I wanted to buy a group or two groups of different variants.
MatsP
My articles: 4
My images: 28
My cats species list: 117 (i:33, k:0)
My aquaria list: 10 (i:8)
My BLogs: 4 (i:0, p:97)
Spotted: 187
Location 1: North of Cambridge
Location 2: England.

Post by MatsP »

Sorry, my reply was more generic than "I know someone who can supply you".

I'm afraid my knowledge of Florida geography is near zero - know "Florida Keys" is down at the bottom, and that's about it - and Orlando and Miami are cities in Florida, but given a map, I wouldn't be able to put them very much in the right place - never mind where Fort Myers is . But google maps is wonderful. In a 5 minute search on the web, I found Segreston in Tampa, some 120 miles from your hometown, and Florida Exotic Fish Sales, Inc. about 175 miles away.

I'm pretty sure there are others that are closer - I just picked two of the first at random.

Perhaps give these guys a try:
http://www.ftffa.com/ (Florida Tropical Fish Farmers Association)

However, I also suspect that many of these are not interested in selling one or two fish, but sell to wholesalers that buy 100-1000 fish at a time... But perhaps you can call one of them to see if they know of a shop that has bought some recently?

As to why the shops don't have any, I don't quite know...

--
Mats

Return to “For Sale (USA & Canada)”