L177-breeding

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
iain
Location 1: Houten, The Netherlands
Interests: Tanganyika Cichlids

L177-breeding

Post by iain »

Hi, I'm new to this site and also new to catfishes. I keep and breed tanganyika-cichlids. The last 18 years i have had L-numbers and ancistrus in almost all of my tanks as cleaners. Almost 6 months ago i have bought 2 L177's. I really love their colors. Also over the years i started to be more interested in catfishes. I would like to know more about my L177. They are 7 cm's long and live separated from each other in resp. a 375 litre tank and a 160 litre tank with as companions tang cichlids. Their food consist mainly of OSI Spirulina and some cyclops. I would appreciate any info. Esspecially on breeding these beautifull fishes. The water in the tanks is as follows: PH:8,3, GH: 12, KH: 16, No NO3. :D
der Ingo
Location 1: Southern California
Interests: Plecos!

Post by der Ingo »

I don't think your're the only one that wants to breed these things. To my knowledge, the only breeding info comes from Larry Vires, whom accidentally bred them by putting them in a H. zebra grow out tank with tons of current. Check the cat-e-log.
Plec0maniac
Location 1: Manila, Philippines

Post by Plec0maniac »

yep they love powerful currents and cold waters..
Too many gorgeous loricariids
So hard to obtain! Grrr....
Easy
Location 1: Philippines
Interests: Catching some Zzzzs while at work.

Post by Easy »

They seem to grow quite so slow. They prefer a great deal of water current and need a good amount of oxygen...my L177 is 6 inches in length, bought it last November 2002...it was 5 inches then.
Ena

Return to “South American Catfishes (Loricariidae - Plecos et al)”