Pterosturisoma microps????

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
Buddy09
My aquaria list: 4 (i:0)
Location 2: Maryland-USA

Pterosturisoma microps????

Post by Buddy09 »

Found two of these guys at the LFS yesterday and may be bring them home today. I read the article in Shanes world pertaining to them...that they can be hard to keep and hard to feed. I don't want to bring them home only to watch them starve to death......Any keepers out there or folks familiar with these fellows??...Any information would be appreciated....Mike
Jon
I've donated: $5.00!
My images: 22
Spotted: 16
Location 1: San Diego, CA

Re: Pterosturisoma microps????

Post by Jon »

the problem is getting them to take that first nibble. after that, they're voracious feeders, ime.

they tend to prefer grazing on fine layers of biological silt, as it were, so finely mashed peas, baby food, etc work very well in this respect.
Buddy09
My aquaria list: 4 (i:0)
Location 2: Maryland-USA

Re: Pterosturisoma microps????

Post by Buddy09 »

I've always had good luck with cats, but the P. microps sounds like it would be too much of a challenge. I don't have a dedicated tank to put them in and that sounds like the most likely option for success. Guess I should pass them by....too bad, they're very attractive fish, but I don't want to take them home and watch them starve to death in a few weeks.........

Return to “South American Catfishes (Loricariidae - Plecos et al)”