General care & feeding L14

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
tangy1

General care & feeding L14

Post by tangy1 »

Hi all,
I'm new here so please go easy on me. Can any of you give me some tips for keeping and feeding L14's.
cheers tangy
Silurus
I've donated: $12.00!
My articles: 55
My images: 890
My catfish: 1
My cats species list: 90 (i:1, k:0)
Spotted: 423
Location 1: Singapore
Location 2: Moderator Emeritus

Post by Silurus »

This and this should help.
tangy1

Post by tangy1 »

Hi,
Thanks Silurus I have already read those but I was just after the personal opinion's of anyone that keeps these themselves.
thanks tangy
ClayT101
Location 1: Baton Rouge, LA
Location 2: USA
Interests: Plecos, Pro Wrestling, Football (Pro & College)

Post by ClayT101 »

I have one. It is about 4 inches long. It eats algae tablets, sinking tablets and anything else it can find. I have noticed that it is territorial. It goes after my gibby, which is about twice its size. At feeding time, it will also chase anything away that goes after its food. Its a very pretty fish, but they do get to be about a foot.
It's True! It's True!

Southeast Louisiana Aquarium Society: http://www.selas.us
tangy1

Post by tangy1 »

Thanks CLAYT im feeding mine bloodworms, 3 different algea wafers,zukini and cucumber.
I have only had him for 4 days and as yet he does not appear to be eating but I hope he is just taking his time to settle in.
tangy
clint8
Location 1: Australia
Interests: Breeding discus n catfish.

L-14

Post by clint8 »

Hi Tangy1,

I find these little suckers to be robust and easy to keep. I have 4 of them and all very playful and a bit territorial when it comes to feeding time. I guess as long as you have enough hiding places for it there shouldn't be much of a problem.
I feed them a variety of foods including frozen bloodworms, brineshrimp, mysis shrimp, cooked prawns, spirulina and brineshrimp flakes, colorbits, zuchinni, cucumber and of course their favourite food Hikari algae wafers.
They are a beautiful cattie to look at and gives me many pleasures daily.
Good luck with yours.

Cheers,
Clint
polkadot
Location 2: Singapore

Post by polkadot »

I think L14 is not a fussy eater so you should let this bugger have a mixture of green and meaty diet.
Plec0maniac
Location 1: Manila, Philippines

Post by Plec0maniac »

yup peacocks love anything.. but they prefer meaty food, try to vary ur diet.. I have a 16inch peacock and it very much loves to chow shrimps.. and squashes.
Too many gorgeous loricariids
So hard to obtain! Grrr....
ClayT101
Location 1: Baton Rouge, LA
Location 2: USA
Interests: Plecos, Pro Wrestling, Football (Pro & College)

Post by ClayT101 »

Does anyone else have one that is territorial? Mine goes after anything that goes near it, even my mollies (even when there is no food involved).
It's True! It's True!

Southeast Louisiana Aquarium Society: http://www.selas.us
Easy
Location 1: Philippines
Interests: Catching some Zzzzs while at work.

Post by Easy »

Mine is about 6.5 inches in length...bought it 6 months ago when it was 4 inches...it sure grows fast for a pleco. It's not as territorial as my L114 leopardus. It'll eat anything. :D
Ena

Return to “South American Catfishes (Loricariidae - Plecos et al)”