bristle nose and new member

A members area where you can introduce yourself, discuss anything outwith catfish and generally get to know each other.
onlysonyboy
Location 2: warwickshire

bristle nose and new member

Post by onlysonyboy »

Howdo suckers (lol) its a catfish thing :wink: ..well ive just set up two tanks a medium one and a large one and have some great fishes i have a royal panaque and a albino bristle nose (had my pants pulled down got told he was a rare gold variety oh well you live and learn eh). In the large tank i have a gold nugget its the other halfs as she loves em and a bristle nose which i need some help in identifying. He/she is about 3 inches long black with very small white/cream dots allover him and some bristles on his chops.Anyhoo thought i would say hi its great to have a brill website for help/advice and read up on others fishes thanks again................
Shane
Expert
My articles: 69
My images: 161
My catfish: 75
My cats species list: 4 (i:75, k:0)
My aquaria list: 4 (i:4)
Spotted: 99
Location 1: Tysons
Location 2: Virginia

Re: bristle nose and new member

Post by Shane »

Welcome to PC. Sounds like the common Ancistrus sp. from your description. That said, you'll get better information by posting a pic in the What is my Catfish forum. Cheers,
-Shane
"My journey is at an end and the tale is told. The reader who has followed so faithfully and so far, they have the right to ask, what do I bring back? It can be summed up in three words. Concentrate upon Uganda."
Winston Churchill, My African Journey
L number Banana
I've donated: $5.00!
My articles: 1
My cats species list: 13 (i:0, k:0)
My aquaria list: 3 (i:0)
Location 2: Kingston, ON, Canada

Post by L number Banana »

Hi and Welcome to Planet Catfish :D

Nice to hear the better half likes catfish too hehe, that's more rare that F.acus. Please tell her that she's more than welcome here too - lots of us girlie-type-catfishionados here and more arriving everyday. :thumbsup:
Racing, shoes and fish. Nothing else matters. Oh, and bacon.
MatsP
My articles: 4
My images: 28
My cats species list: 117 (i:33, k:0)
My aquaria list: 12 (i:10)
My BLogs: 4 (i:0, p:97)
Spotted: 187
Location 1: North of Cambridge
Location 2: England.

Post by MatsP »

Welcome to Planet Catfish.

Sounds like you have a male , but I couldn't say without a photo [even WITH a photo, we probably can't say 100% sure, but we'd at least be able to say that it's not something completely different, if you see what I mean].

--
Mats

Return to “Speak Easy”