Corydoras barbatos

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
davoz
Location 1: Atlanta
Interests: CICHLIDS, PAINTING, POETRY, VIDEOGRAPHY & MY LORD!

Corydoras barbatos

Post by davoz »

I just aquired 3 of these last week (looks like 2M & 1F) and was looking for any info on the. I'm housing them in a 10g quarantine now. What would be a good tank size for breeding? ANy and all info appreciated.
May all that I do be pleasing in your sight Lord!
davoz
Location 1: Atlanta
Interests: CICHLIDS, PAINTING, POETRY, VIDEOGRAPHY & MY LORD!

Post by davoz »

I was wondering why I couldn't find them on the site. I was spelling the name wrong. Still, any personal experience with these fish would be appreciated.
May all that I do be pleasing in your sight Lord!
coryfav
Location 1: Singapore (West)
Interests: Fishkeeping, Travelling, Reading, Correspondence

Post by coryfav »

Hi there, it's C. Barbatus, I believe?

I've read recently that these corydoras need a tank that's at least 120cm x 50cm, cos they're big. They're a little territorial too, among themselves though...

I've no personal experience with them, simply because I can't afford a tank just to keep them... I've too many other corydoras. :lol:

Hope this helps, somehow.

Cheers! :)
To go to heaven: Turn right, and keep straight. - unknown

My gallery in PlanetCatfish: http://www.corydorasworld.com/planetcat ... ry/coryfav
kdreymann
Location 1: Berlin

Post by kdreymann »

davoz wrote:I was wondering why I couldn't find them on the site. I was spelling the name wrong. Still, any personal experience with these fish would be appreciated.
I keep Corydoras barbatus in a 1,80x40x40 tank, but the most important thing with keeping them is cold water! I breeded them in 21°C water. You must find out, if you are able to keep these temperatures even in summer!
Klaus

Return to “South American Catfishes (Callichthyidae - Corys et al)”