Danner Mag Drive Pump support

Post pictures of your beloved catfish aquaria here. Also good for pictures of your (cat)fish rooms or equipment discussions. If you are posting pictures of identified catfish, please do so in the appropriate husbandry and reproduction forum above.
shadowcat
My cats species list: 7 (i:0, k:0)
My aquaria list: 2 (i:0)
Location 2: Maryland, USA

Danner Mag Drive Pump support

Post by shadowcat »

I use Danner Mag Drive water pumps in all of my tanks for circulation. I recently bought a 950gph to add to one of my tanks. It moves a huge amount of water, but it was noisy right from the beginning. I contacted their customer service folks, Christine Nestor, and she was very helpful. She helped me to determine that the impeller was faulty and the next day they sent me a new one. Haven't tried it yet, just got it this morning, but I was impressed with their customer service and quick response...just passing it on to the rest of you folks:)
apistomaster
I've donated: $90.00!
My articles: 1
My cats species list: 12 (i:0, k:0)
My Wishlist: 1
Location 1: Clarkston, WA, USA
Location 2: Clarkston, WA, USA
Interests: Aquaculture and flyfishing

Re: Danner Mag Drive Pump support

Post by apistomaster »

I am using 3 MagDrive 9.5 pumps.
1 each for the wet/dry filters on my 75 gal and 125.
A third one to pump water from my 2 connected 55 gal RO storage barrels. The oldest has been in use for over 4 years and hasn't required any repairs. They normally are very quiet; about 40 db. It pumps water through 50 feet of 1/2 inch diameter RV water hose to heights as much as 6'-10". At that height, it takes about 15 minutes to fill a 40 gal breeder tank. Much faster for the lower tanks.
I also have a MagDrive 7 which I use a an all purpose pump.
Avid Trout fly fisherman. ·´¯`·...¸><)))º>
shadowcat
My cats species list: 7 (i:0, k:0)
My aquaria list: 2 (i:0)
Location 2: Maryland, USA

Re: Danner Mag Drive Pump support

Post by shadowcat »

I'm using a Mag 7 for circ in another 75 and it's quiet also. I keep them in the tanks. It simplifies plumbing (for my aplication) and I use the heat from the pumps to help keep the tank temps up where I need them to be...no sense wasting "free" heat. Haven't dropped the 950 back in the tank yet. I planted some new plants this weekend and I want them to root before turning that big pump back on:)..I was impressed with Danner's quick response though. Not everybody is that supportive.

Return to “Tank Talk”