C114 and Ehrhardti temperature requirements?

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
abcdefghi
Location 2: VA

C114 and Ehrhardti temperature requirements?

Post by abcdefghi »

I am looking at getting some new cory's and have a source for the above fish. But I am struggling to find very much information as to what type of temperature they prefer. My tank is kept around 78-80F, and so I want them to tolerate this level of temperature.

Also, if anyone has any images of these fish I would appreciate it.

Thanks.
Coryologist
I've donated: $200.00!
My images: 11
My cats species list: 70 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 5
Location 1: Laurel Lake, NJ
Location 2: Laurel Lake, NJ
Interests: Fancy Guppies, Cory Cats, Digital Photography, DV, Triumph Motorcycles

Re: C114 and Ehrhardti temperature requirements?

Post by Coryologist »

Greetings. I keep C. erhrardti and spawn them on a regular basis. Depending on the time of year their water temp ranges from 68 to 78º. They spawn year round, regardless of the temperature. They are one of my favorite species. - Frank

I used to be schizophrenic, but we're OK now. At least that's what my dog is always telling me!

Hear podcasts of "Sounds Fishy to Me," here:
http://www.aquaradio.net
CoryWally
My catfish: 4
My cats species list: 22 (i:4, k:0)
My BLogs: 4 (i:0, p:75)
Spotted: 3
Location 1: UK
Location 2: Boston Spa, West Yorks, U.K.

Post by CoryWally »

Hi Frank,
The ehrhardti (4 survived) you sent me over are still doing great! Growing slowly but steadily. A very beautiful species. Mine are kept around 20C / 68F.

Cheers,
Mark.
Coryologist
I've donated: $200.00!
My images: 11
My cats species list: 70 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 5
Location 1: Laurel Lake, NJ
Location 2: Laurel Lake, NJ
Interests: Fancy Guppies, Cory Cats, Digital Photography, DV, Triumph Motorcycles

Post by Coryologist »

Hi Mark,

I'm very disappointed that more didn't survive the transport. I have plenty and the next time I have an opportunity to get some to you, I certainly will. Hopefully, you have a spawnable group of 4. The CW038's I obtained in return are beautiful and although I see at times, what resembles spawning behavior, there's been no real action, yet. I'm hoping to see eggs, soon. :D - Frank
I used to be schizophrenic, but we're OK now. At least that's what my dog is always telling me!

Hear podcasts of "Sounds Fishy to Me," here:
http://www.aquaradio.net

Return to “South American Catfishes (Callichthyidae - Corys et al)”