Aspidoras Pauciradiatus

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
fishnut2
I've donated: $151.00!
My images: 4
Spotted: 3
Location 1: Chicago

Aspidoras Pauciradiatus

Post by fishnut2 »

Hi all. I recently received a shipment of pygmy cories from Manaus. I knew the fish weren't pygmies right away, but it took me until the next day to realise that they were Aspidoras. Thanks to Ian's book I was able to ID them. I've never seen these before around here. So my questions are: is this a rare Aspidora? And what is a fair breeder to breeder...or hobbiest to hobbiest price for these? I plan to move a few locally, to fellow breeders and club members. Thanks in advance!

Rich
Mike_Noren
I've donated: $30.00!
My articles: 1
My images: 37
My cats species list: 5 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 9
Location 1: Sweden
Location 2: Sweden

Re: Aspidoras Pauciradiatus

Post by Mike_Noren »

fishnut2 wrote:is this a rare Aspidora?
IME the most common Aspidoras, which still means it's a rare and only intermittently available fish.
And what is a fair breeder to breeder...or hobbiest to hobbiest price for these?
Like many small & rare fish it is not very expensive. Shop price around here was 2-4 euros each, depending on shop.
apistomaster
I've donated: $90.00!
My articles: 1
My cats species list: 12 (i:0, k:0)
My Wishlist: 1
Location 1: Clarkston, WA, USA
Location 2: Clarkston, WA, USA
Interests: Aquaculture and flyfishing

Post by apistomaster »

I think I paid either $2.00 or $2.50 each for 10 Aspidoras pauciradiatus last year but the over night shipping easily doubled their actual cost.
Avid Trout fly fisherman. ·´¯`·...¸><)))º>
fishnut2
I've donated: $151.00!
My images: 4
Spotted: 3
Location 1: Chicago

Post by fishnut2 »

Thanks for quick replies. I do appreciate your response. Fortunately the other mistake they made was shipping Pulchers, instead of punctatus and agassizi. (2 very cheap cories here in the states). The Pulchers are very nice, and were a bit out of my price range before.

Rich
evesonevo
My cats species list: 19 (i:0, k:0)
My aquaria list: 6 (i:0)
Location 2: merseyside,england

Post by evesonevo »

Hi,
Aspidoras Pauciradiatus in england average around £2 each for fish around the 3/4-1" mark.
You've done well with the C.pulcher my lfs have recently had some that were up for sale at £18 each, though they were lovely fish.
Col.

Return to “South American Catfishes (Callichthyidae - Corys et al)”