Does any one know alot about plant fertalyzer?

Post pictures of your beloved catfish aquaria here. Also good for pictures of your (cat)fish rooms or equipment discussions. If you are posting pictures of identified catfish, please do so in the appropriate husbandry and reproduction forum above.
yeattsca
Location 2: charlotte NC
Interests: Swimming,triathalons,spug guns, kiteflying, and of corse aquariums

Does any one know alot about plant fertalyzer?

Post by yeattsca »

I got some plant fertalizer from petsmart today called nutrafin plant gro. If anyone knows how often you are suposed to use it, PLEAS let me know. :cry:
keep it real!
andywoolloo
I've donated: $100.00!
My cats species list: 12 (i:0, k:0)
My aquaria list: 1 (i:1)
Location 2: Sanger, California

Re: Does any one know alot about plant fertalyzer?

Post by andywoolloo »

I do not know alot about plant fertilizers but

Is it a liquid bottle, I looked on line at Petco and it says
Simply add the ready-to-use liquid Plant Gro Iron Enriched to your tank water according to dosage instructions. No mixing or preparation
I use the liquid Seachem florish and I add it once a week when I do my 50% water change. You have to figure out how much for your tank size.
L number Banana
I've donated: $5.00!
My articles: 1
My cats species list: 13 (i:0, k:0)
My aquaria list: 1 (i:0)
Location 2: Kingston, ON, Canada

Post by L number Banana »

Hi yettsca,

I'm certainly not the expert but if you want a really good iron boost for your plants that never needs replacing, try the substate/gravel call Flourite. It's quite fine but not as fine as sand. Don't rinse it but add it through a straw down to the root/crown area (don't bury a crown). Not rinsing it saves all the finer good stuff but you have to use the straw method or your water will cloud up. You *can* rinse it if you like but the trickle through the straw works great.

It's made by seachem and comes in at least three colours. It boosted my plants enough to lose the algae and the algae hasn't been back, no clouding or change in the water chemistry either :)

Also you may want to do a search for 'aquascaping', there's some wonderful sites that deal only with planted aquariums.

Good luck
Racing, shoes and fish. Nothing else matters. Oh, and bacon.
yeattsca
Location 2: charlotte NC
Interests: Swimming,triathalons,spug guns, kiteflying, and of corse aquariums

Post by yeattsca »

Thanks guys this realy helps. :D
keep it real!

Return to “Tank Talk”