L182 Starlight Bristlenose...Article's??

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
Curby
Location 1: Bolton UK
Location 2: bolton uk
Interests: Thai-Boxing/Football/Fishkeeping

L182 Starlight Bristlenose...Article's??

Post by Curby »

Hi there im looking for info on my L182's...not cat-E-logs but actual articles written by members such as breeding habits and what not...
my current pair havent shown much sign's yet??? i must be doing sumert wrong or they dont like each other...any help would be great no matter how small....cheers ppl CuRbY 8)
Come Visit my new site....@
http://www.bristlenoseworld.com/
MatsP
My articles: 4
My images: 28
My cats species list: 117 (i:33, k:0)
My aquaria list: 10 (i:8)
My BLogs: 4 (i:0, p:97)
Spotted: 187
Location 1: North of Cambridge
Location 2: England.

Re: L182 Starlight Bristlenose...Article's??

Post by MatsP »

Curby wrote:Hi there im looking for info on my L182's...not cat-E-logs but actual articles written by members such as breeding habits and what not...
my current pair havent shown much sign's yet??? i must be doing sumert wrong or they dont like each other...any help would be great no matter how small....cheers ppl CuRbY 8)
Just to clarify, the Cat-eLog here is written "by members" - or at least, certain members on the forum can "edit" the data sheet [although, Jools as the owner of the site still has to check the changes over and "approve" them before they hit the real users - that prevents a someone from overwriting all the current information if they can guess a Cat-eLog data team members password, and also gives a second chance of finding typos]. And ALL members here have the right (or perhaps OBLIGATION?) to point out mistakes in the Cat-eLog.

Also, read other articles for Ancistrus keeping/breeding - the essense of keeping and breeding is similar for all species, so 95% of what applies to one species will also apply to the other species. The 5% that differs would be the exact conditions of the water (pH, hardness, temperature, etc) and size at which they are ready to breed.

In what manner are they "not liking each other"? It is fairly common for the male to show his dominance by chasing the female away from the cave, and only let her in when she "says the right sweet words" (since brood care is opposite of that of humans, one would expect the male to be the one that can pick and choose when and with whom they mate).

It is of course possible that you have a dominant male and another male that is less dominant (and thus less or no "bristles").

Also, how large are they, and what other work have you done to make them breed.

--
Mats

Return to “South American Catfishes (Loricariidae - Plecos et al)”