Hypostmus What

Did you know fantastic help is an anagram of Planet Catfish? This forum is for those of you with pictures of your catfish who are looking for help identifying them. There are many here to help and a firm ID is the first step towards keeping your catfish in the best conditions.
doesdavid
My cats species list: 24 (i:0, k:0)
Location 1: Toronto Ontario Canada
Location 2: Toronto Ontario Canada
Interests: Outdoors (wilderness) walking, cycleing, searching for rare, or odd fish.

Hypostmus What

Post by doesdavid »

I lucked into what I believe is a Hypostmus plecko. I was being sold as a common sailfin, untill I noticed the 8 spine dorsel fin. Going through the various species I have it down to I think,Hypostomus plecostomoides, Hypostomus robinii, Hypostomus micromaculatus, or Hypostomus cordovae. I do not believe it is the Hypostomus plecostomus due to the ridges in the sail. Can anyone help me to name this plecko?

DAve
Attachments
Hypostmus ???
Hypostmus ???
DAve
MatsP
My articles: 4
My images: 28
My cats species list: 117 (i:33, k:0)
My aquaria list: 10 (i:8)
My BLogs: 4 (i:0, p:97)
Spotted: 187
Location 1: North of Cambridge
Location 2: England.

Re: Hypostmus What

Post by MatsP »

Unfortunately, those species are quite difficult to tell apart - I agree that it is , but without some other information such as capture location, I don't think we can tell which species it is.

--
Mats
doesdavid
My cats species list: 24 (i:0, k:0)
Location 1: Toronto Ontario Canada
Location 2: Toronto Ontario Canada
Interests: Outdoors (wilderness) walking, cycleing, searching for rare, or odd fish.

Post by doesdavid »

Unfortunatley the store I got it from said it was a drop off from another customer, so the catch location is totally unknown. The only thing I can figure since I'm in Toronto Canada, it had to be mixed with some common inports, sold, returned, then sold again. So what do I do flip a coin, to list a species.
I lent my good camera to a freind for the weekend, when I get it back, I will take some better pics.

DAve
DAve
racoll
My articles: 6
My images: 182
My catfish: 2
My cats species list: 2 (i:2, k:0)
My aquaria list: 1 (i:0)
Spotted: 238
Location 1: London
Location 2: UK

Post by racoll »

Hypostomus sp. LDA24 I think.

Matches visually, and from an area with frequent ornamental fish exports.

Return to “What is my catfish?”