my tank update picture

Post pictures of your beloved catfish aquaria here. Also good for pictures of your (cat)fish rooms or equipment discussions. If you are posting pictures of identified catfish, please do so in the appropriate husbandry and reproduction forum above.
TKP

my tank update picture

Post by TKP »

Sid Guppy
Location 1: Brabant, the Netherlands
Interests: Catfish, Tanganyikan fish, Rock'n'roll, Fantasy

Post by Sid Guppy »

Nice cats, but esp the biggest tank is WAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY too overcrowded IMO....I've seen LFS tanks, newly stocked with less than half that amount of fish...

60" is about 5 foot, right? that would be 1 meter and a half. Wouldn't dare to keep fish like Panaque, Pseudacanthicus and Acanthicus in a small tank , like that, but then again ...YMMV.
Plan B should not automatically be twice as much explosives as Plan A
aeroflight
Location 1: Albuquerque, NM, USA

Post by aeroflight »

I like your tanks! What I wouldn't give to get some big driftwood pieces like that!

Could you give me some details about your tank maintainence? How often, any thing besides vacuuming the gravel, etc? I find that I get a fair amount of buildup inside my eheim tubing, but it looks like you're perfectly clean. Feel free to email me if you don't want to post it all here. Thanks.
My wife likes cats.
I like catfish.
retro_gk
Location 2: India
Interests: FISH!!!!

Post by retro_gk »

Is that a piece of coral in the last pic, the 60' tank?
TKP

Post by TKP »

hi SG_Eurystomus,
oh! this is Asian keeping fish style!? did you come Hong Kong before? Hong Kong people living area is more crowded than my fish tank, any help?

hi aeroflight,
you can see more detail about my 60" tank as followed:-
http://hfs.uhome.net/newbie/plecotank/plecotank.htm
If you need further of my tank info., please don't hesitate to ask.

hi retro_gk,
that one is not coral, that is a rock.
polkadot
Location 2: Singapore

Post by polkadot »

Hi TKP, I like your setup very much! Do the plecos in the 60" tank fight for territory because there seems not to be enough hiding spots for all the plecos?
SynoPetri
Location 1: Bairisch Kölldorf, Austria
Interests: athletics

Post by SynoPetri »

I would say that the fish in the 60" tank are too big. Am I right if I say that I can see a Synodontis in it? If yes I have to say that I wouldn't put a Syno on a Placo tank.
Georg
Kostas
I've donated: $256.00!
My images: 19
My cats species list: 14 (i:0, k:0)
My aquaria list: 1 (i:1)
Spotted: 6
Location 1: Greece,Athens
Location 2: Greece,Athens
Interests: Fishkeeping,diving,skiing,r/c modeling,growing Palm trees,ferns and tropical plants

Post by Kostas »

Hi,
Your tanks are very impressive as well as overcrowded.
What pleco is that down at the right of the 60" tank with the head down?
TKP

Post by TKP »

hi polkadot,
they all have enough hiding place, I take this photo just before their eating time,so most of them are come out and waiting for feed.

hi SynoPetri,
I mix my Synodontis with my plecos over two and half years, I didn't see any problem with my fish!?

hi Kostas,
L95

about my tank overcrowded problem, I know many people still have an idea about 100L water can keep 3-5 fishs,200L water can keep 6-10 fishs.......etc.this is so wrong,only suitable for the beginer.there are too many factor can influence how many plecos you can keeping in your tank(filter,oxygen level,driftwood,rock,species,.......). I think keeping plecos can not use any formula to calclate their living area.before your guy mention about overcrowded problem,please ask yuorself how many plecos you keep before?how deep you know about the pleco's property? what is the weak point about overcrowded? I love to accept any useful opinion :) ,you can goto this followed link and see what wrong or any problem about my plecos in the overcrowded tank, please open your mind, thankyou!!!!!!
http://eheim-uk.com/planetcatfish/gallery/gallery/TKP
mokmu
Location 1: Manila/Singapore
Interests: Fish, Food, 4x4

Post by mokmu »

I too am Asian and I know when to keep my mouth shut about other people's tanks. Unless, of course, someone asks if their tanks are too crowded. In this case TKP hasn't.

Just a question TKP. what is that cat with the extra long dorsal fin on your signature? Is that a Gibby? Fantastic! Do you have other photos of that fish on the ehiem-uk.com? I'll check nonetheless.

By the way, the pictures are wonderful. I wish I could take them as well as you guys have. All I have is a small 1.3 megapixel camera and I don't even know how to take tank pictures with them. They always seem to come out blurred and dark.

Regards,
Mike D.
plecoman
Location 1: Hong Kong

Post by plecoman »

I personally agree with TKP. He is an extremely experienced pleco keeper, and know alot about plecos. You can just tell from how healthy each and everyone og his plecos are that he knows what he is doing. One cannot tell if a tank is overcrowded or not by looking at some pics, U have to be the keeper to understand the habits of the fish. There is no border to how many fish = overcrowded....

PLUS... TKP took the pic when he is feeding, go on his link and look at the same 60" tank before. He has not added many more big plecs, but they are just hiding so it looks fairly empty. So I think you should appreciate TKP's points of views
My favourite number is ............ L-number!!!
Pectorale
Location 1: Brabant, the Netherlands
Interests: punkrock and metal,read fantasy (Robin Hobb ought to win the first Nobelprize for fantasy) and aquaria of course

Post by Pectorale »

TKP you said "Hong Kong people living area is more crowded than my fish tank" Have you ever been to the Netherlands? We invented crowded :lol:

Pectorale
'Man will never be free until the last king is
strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Denis Diderot 1713 - 1784
Kostas
I've donated: $256.00!
My images: 19
My cats species list: 14 (i:0, k:0)
My aquaria list: 1 (i:1)
Spotted: 6
Location 1: Greece,Athens
Location 2: Greece,Athens
Interests: Fishkeeping,diving,skiing,r/c modeling,growing Palm trees,ferns and tropical plants

Post by Kostas »

Hi TPK,
I agree with you and i think that your plecos live happily together because i don't see any shredded fin.
How many baryancistrus sp. you keep together?Are they showing any agression towards each other?I ask you these things because i have never kept baryancistrus together and i want to set up a 1m tank for 4 LDA33, 2 sturisomas and two other pleco ~15cm each.

Return to “Tank Talk”