Discusted with condition of Albino Clarias Batrachus

All posts regarding the care and breeding of catfishes from Asia.
cutekitty87uk
Location 2: norfolk, England

Discusted with condition of Albino Clarias Batrachus

Post by cutekitty87uk »

Right we have a Marbled Clarias and had decided that one just was not enough so we got 2 more one Albino and one Marbled after 2 weeks of waiting they arrived on friday now although the new Marbled Clarias only has a nic out one of its fins the Albinos condition is less that desirable, infact it is so bad we are extreamly concerned about it and not so sure it will pull through although we have a trick that we hope will pay off well i so so discusted i thought i would show you pictures to prove to you how bad she is (Im sorry if this upsets anyone) (Also if you PM me i will tell you where we got it so you can avoid the same place, didnt know if i would be allowed to post directly)

These were taken Friday her other side is just as bad but she wasnt willing to share

And these were taken today managed to get a glimps of her other side also she has a mark on her head which looks like she has been hit.

Birger
Expert
My articles: 10
My images: 112
My cats species list: 49 (i:43, k:0)
Spotted: 35
Location 1: Edmonton,Alberta
Location 2: Canada

Re: Discusted with condition of Albino Clarias Batrachus

Post by Birger »

not so sure it will pull through although we have a trick that we hope will pay off
It is a durable fish and can pull through from some nasty stuff...it would help to keep it alone for awhile

You have me wondering what this trick is you mention
Generally good water quality,good food and some alone time does wonders

Birger
Birger
Richard B
I've donated: $20.00!
My articles: 9
My images: 11
My cats species list: 37 (i:0, k:0)
My aquaria list: 4 (i:0)
My BLogs: 2 (i:0, p:47)
Spotted: 10
Location 1: on the sofa, or maybe at work?
Location 2: Warwickshire: UK
Interests: Tanganyika Catfish, African catfish, Non-loricariid sucker-catfish.
Running, drinking, eating, sci-fi, stapelids

Post by Richard B »

Clarias are extremely hardy & as long as the water quality is good you should have no problems.

From the photos above we can see the physical damage to the flanks which look like heater burns & damage from sharp objects but also the head shot shows the barbels seem to be uniformly short (?). This fish should NOT have been sold in this condition by any self-respecting store.
Lou: Every young man's fantasy is to have a three-way.
Jacob: Yeah not with another fu**!ng guy!
Lou: It's still a three-way!

Hot Tub Time Machine: 2010
juree
My cats species list: 1 (i:0, k:0)
My aquaria list: 2 (i:1)
Location 1: Latvia,Riga
Location 2: Latvia,Riga
Interests: private curency trader

Post by juree »

Hi,+ in aqua aquavital stress-protect (Aquarium Munster)with Aloe vera,lod,Vit.C it helps very quickly.My clarias was damaged pretty bad and it to last three weeks without betterment but after Aquarium Munster aquavital stress-protect SCAR DISAPPEAR in one week...ok-two weeks...
cutekitty87uk
Location 2: norfolk, England

Post by cutekitty87uk »

Great news everyone!!! The albino clarius has healed and is even growing new barbs Wahoo!!! And to add to this the other 2 catfish have paired up and are currently swimming round the tank in a mating ritual so hopefully babies will quickly follow Wahoo im so excited yay...
yorkshiredavid
Location 2: England

Post by yorkshiredavid »

Hey

The newly available Issue 4 of the U.K. magazine 'Exotic Pets' contains a wondeful article on all aspects of Clarias.

Regards David

Return to “Asian Catfishes”