So...We went to a midnight madness sale...

Post pictures of your beloved catfish aquaria here. Also good for pictures of your (cat)fish rooms or equipment discussions. If you are posting pictures of identified catfish, please do so in the appropriate husbandry and reproduction forum above.
BlkMagik79
Location 1: Broken Arrow, OK

So...We went to a midnight madness sale...

Post by BlkMagik79 »

Well, we heard about a midnight madness sale at one of the LFS's (Premier Aquatics in Tulsa,OK). We hadn't planned on going since they mainly deal in saltwater, but my Brother and Sister-in-law wanted to go...So, in the car we went.

The last time we were in the store I saw the most amazing Panaque nigrolineatus. The owner told me that he bought it from the Oklahoma Aquarium in Jenks, Oklahoma, when I asked how much he wanted I was told at least $100 USD. I didn't have that kind of money at the time and had to leave him there with his smaller friends.

When we went to the sale tonight I was disappointed to see that he didn't have a sale price. However, I waited until I found the owner of the store and asked how much he wanted for him...the answer...$50 USD!!!!! We immediately said "SOLD!!!"

Here he is with my hand about 6 inches above him in the bucket. Without actually measuring him, I would say he is at least 10 inches standard length and about 12 inches total length. The store owner warned us that he is way too strong to attempt to bare hand him in any way. Seedy found that out when he decided to try it but once the spines came out so did the net...

Last edited by BlkMagik79 on 02 Mar 2008, 09:29, edited 1 time in total.
Ummm...I'm not good with signatures...Seedy's Wife
Kostas
I've donated: $256.00!
My images: 19
My cats species list: 14 (i:0, k:0)
My aquaria list: 1 (i:1)
Spotted: 6
Location 1: Greece,Athens
Location 2: Greece,Athens
Interests: Fishkeeping,diving,skiing,r/c modeling,growing Palm trees,ferns and tropical plants

Re: So...We went to a midnight madness sale...

Post by Kostas »

He is a beauty!!! :D It seems you had a great time at the midnight sale!!! :razz: :wink:
In which tank did you put him?

Take good care of him! :)
BlkMagik79

Post by BlkMagik79 »

Kostas...I'm working on upgrading one of the Tanganyikan tanks so that I can put my new friend in the 75 gallon until I can get an even bigger tank... :D He just amazes me every time I look at him.
Kostas
I've donated: $256.00!
My images: 19
My cats species list: 14 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 6
Location 1: Greece,Athens
Location 2: Greece,Athens
Interests: Fishkeeping,diving,skiing,r/c modeling,growing Palm trees,ferns and tropical plants

Post by Kostas »

Yeah,big Panaques are amazing fishes...They look you in the eyes and are so full of character!Enjoy him,i am sure you will soon get to know each other and he wont be showing you his spines every time you put your hand near him :wink:

I am sure he will get the care he needs with you,you love Panaques so much that you cant mistreat them! :D

Just a note though,if you putted him with your L191,keep a very close eye on them as your L191 can get shredded in no time if this big fella decides it...
andywoolloo
I've donated: $100.00!
My cats species list: 12 (i:0, k:0)
Location 2: Sanger, California

Post by andywoolloo »

He is stunning.
sindeon
My cats species list: 1 (i:0, k:0)
Location 1: Land O Lakes, Florida

Post by sindeon »

amazing nice to find him on a sale like that :D enjoy him
BlkMagik79

Post by BlkMagik79 »

Kostas wrote:I am sure he will get the care he needs with you,you love Panaques so much that you cant mistreat them! :D
You are correct there!!! I think Seedy is starting to think that I take better care of the fish than I do him.

He has settled in...He seems to enjoy all the different kinds of wood he has to eat on. Yes he is in with the L191 temporarily...However, I have redone the entire tank so that the smaller occupants have one end of the tank with smaller wood and LOTS of caves and the other end and top layer is larger pieces of wood so the the big boy doesn't feel like he is chewing on toothpicks. I finally got to see him "stretch" his interopercular spines... :shock: :shock: :shock:

Return to “Tank Talk”